Pages

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Holika Holika x Gudetama - BB Cushion

I didn't like Gudetama when he came out, I don't know why, I just didn't. But over time, I started to like him, and find him to be me personified. 😎😎 I know.. I am a real person, how can a character personify me.. Whatever.. XD

Anyways, I think I started to fall in love with Gudetama when Holika Holika released their Lazy & Easy collection with him back in May 2016. I resisted most of the items and only got the cushion and refill in shade #21.
Source
 Fast forward to October 2016 and they released their Lazy & Joy collection.. Umph.. My love for Gudetama just can't hold back anymore! I spent a LONG time resist buying everything and cut it down to two of the cushion cases and a blush. If TK wasn't out of the puff at the time, I would've bought it from them too. Don't worry, the little puff is on its way thanks to Jolse. 😁
Source

Source
Okay, love story with Gudetama over, and let's move on to the actual post, which is reviews of the products!

Holika Holika x Gudetama Face 2 Change Photo Ready Cushion BB SPF 50+ PA+++
These are the three cases I bought. The left one is the cushion + refill I purchased from the first collection, Lazy & Easy. The other two are just cushion cases I got from the second collection, Lazy & Easy. To be honest, I would've bought all of the cases if I could have.. ^o^;;

The cases are made of plastic, with the drawings printed on top of a thick layer of clear plastic. The drawings look like they shouldn't rub off but there is always a chance it could, so I may put a coat of clear nail polish on top just to be on the safe side.

I was planning to use the cushion after I am done using the Isa Knox cushion, as this doesn't expire until 2018. However, when I took it out for photos, I realized the seal has been broken, so I must have opened it when I first received it and forgot about it. Oops. Anyways, this just means I have two cushions to alternate between.

It should be noted that the cushion inserts from Season 1 fits into the cases from Season 2, so there is no need to purchase additional refills. Phew. I decided upon the center cushion to use as it's pink and Gudetama is laying on a cushion puff! That's just perfect case!
The inside of the cushion looks like any other cushions, case, housing for the puff (which is Gudetama by the way!) and housing for the actual product.

One complaint I have is regarding the cushion puff. I didn't take a picture of it, but the side you use for application of product is actually white instead of blue. I know it is for you to have a better look at how much product is on there, but it kind of makes me feel a little grossed out. Because every time I use it, I can see the leftover product sitting on there. Speaking of which, I feel like the Gudetama puff absorbs a lot more product than the other cushions I tried before.
I purchased the product in shade #21, the lightest shade they offer. I always pick #21 as I am quite pale for an Asian, but now I am not sure if I am light enough for #21. I'll explain...
 This is the arm swatch, where you can see it's pretty close to my skin colour.
 This is the before picture, in natural lighting. As you can see, there are some redness on the cheek and blemishes along the mouth. There are also some sun spots and you can see some of my larger pores.
This after one application of the BB cushion. The pores are covered such that only the inflamed area near my nose bridge can still be seen. The redness is somewhat reduced but the sunspots are not covered at all. I would say this cushion is light coverage with only one layer, but it could be medium coverage with more layering.

However, like I mentioned above, I am not sure if shade #21 is right for me anymore and I need your help Internet peeps!

I know that when you apply foundation and whatnots, it is supposed to sit on your skin such that it looks like you have nothing on and it is part of your skin. My problem is that every time I put on any of my cushion products, I feel like it is not sitting on my skin properly. I can often see lines on my face, as if the skin is dry when it's well moisturized. I asked my friend who is a makeup artist and she said I may be using product that is a lighter shade than my skin or my skin is just dry.

I don't really have this problem whenever I use my Isa Knox cushion I lied, I put it on today and I am seeing a similar problem I think it's mostly dry patches.., but I can kind of see it with the Gudetama BB cushion, especially on the cheek area. I need help Internet peeps... Does this mean the cushion is too light for me?? ( •᷄ὤ•᷅)?

Update: I used the Gudetama cushion again today and it's much better! I think it must have been because I thoroughly exfoliated the cheeks and slapped on so much serums and creams the night before. So I guess whenever I see those dry looking things, it just means my skin is in need of an exfoliation session.


0 comments:

Post a Comment