Pages

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Mask compilation #1 - Polatam

Hey everyone. I took a little break from blogging because it was getting a little overwhelming. I been doing a review both on here and on my Instagram. I try to keep the content slightly different, where IG is shorter due to the word limit, and a little bit more detailed on here. But it's a lot of work. I just had a major burnout and needed to step away from everything to find myself again.

Well.. I am still finding myself and taking my sweet time coming back. I think I will continue to post product reviews both on here and IG. But as I primarily review masks now, it seems silly to write the same content twice. Sometimes the masks doesn't even warrant a full post. So I thought I try something new.

I figured I may just try and do a compilation of sheet mask reviews, with the IG posts embedded. So this way, I can be brief and you can click on to IG for the more detailed review. I'll try this out and see how it goes. Please let me know if you like this method or not!


Today's series is on the trio of Polatam masks, which I bought as a set from TakeGoodCare a while back. It is a bit on the expensive side as it is C$15 for 3, equaling to C$5 per mask, which is quite high. I think I bought it on sale, so it was slightly lower, but still quite a bit for a mask.

The selling point of the Polatam masks is that it uses oak tree sap essence as the base and it uses 100% cupra fiber, which holds 10x the amount of essence as a normal cotton sheet mask.

Polatam  - Water Gel Extra Force Mask in Moisturizing


A post shared by @craftingdeeds on

This purpose of this mask is clearly moisturizing 😂 It contains ingredients such as niacinamide and hyaluronic acid to provide deep hydration, as well as rosemary and centell asiatica extracts to soothe the skin. However, it does contain lavender, which has a scent I despise. Thankfully I can barely smell it!

The mask does contain a lot of essence, but thankfully they were of the thin gel consistency so it wasn't dripping everywhere. I wore this for 40 minutes and the mask was still quite moist.

My skin felt moisturized and dewy to the touch, but it also made my skin feel a bit tight. So I am a bit torn between liking it and not liking it. The price point would make it a no buy for me, unless I can snatch it up at a really nice sale price.


Polatam  - Water Gel Extra Force Mask - Optimal Repairing


A post shared by @craftingdeeds on
Next up is the optimal repairing "flavour", which contains adenosine, and collagen to help fight against signs of aging. It also contains rose water, sodium hyluronate, ceramide 3, and human oligopeptide-1 (EGF), all of which are nice ingredients to have.

Similar to the moisturizing flavour, it is soaked with essence. The fit is great and I took off after 35 minutes.

My skin had similar reaction as the moisturizing version. It was dewy to the touch but it also felt kind of tight as if something is pulling it back. Once again, the conflicting results and the price point is making me hesitate in purchasing any more of the masks.

Polatam - Water Gel Extra Force Mask - Brightening


A post shared by @craftingdeeds on
The last of the mask is brightening, and it contains licorice extracts to reduce hyperpigmenation, olive leaf extract and ceramide to provide a glow. It also has niacinamide and damask rose water, which are ingredients I like.

The essence for this mask was slightly different in that it was kind of dripping on me. Which I don't really like because it ends up on the floor instead of on my face!! But other than that, the scent, fit and material all feel the same.

The result was much better than the other two though! I didn't have the tight feeling but that could be because I took it off at the recommended time. Aside from being moisturized, I can actually tell a difference in my skin tone. It looks more evened out, and the redness was greatly reduced. This is a surprise to me as I am the queen of can't tell any brightening differences, and I can actually see some without even trying to look for it!

Overall, I think these masks are great, but if you have dehydrated skin like me, or dry skinned. Maybe actually follow the recommended usage time instead of over-extending it, in order to avoid that tight feeling on the skin but still reap the benefit of the mask. These are good masks, but I am not sure if I would pay the C$5 per mask. I would buy it on sale for sure though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment