Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

Mask Compilation #4 - Mitomo

Hi everyone, how was your Christmas? Can you believe 2018 is almost ending?? It's kind of crazy how fast the year flew by! I still haven't really decided how I want to set up my blog yet but let's keep the mask compilation going! Today's post is review of all of the Mitomo masks that I have tried.

Mitomo - Placenta + Platinum Essence Mask




I believe this was my first Mitomo mask and it was part of a mystery pack. I was quite fascinated by the colour as it's SOOO shiny and bright. Which made it super hard to photograph. Thank goodness for the snow!

The mask doesn't state what it is for, but based off of the packaging, I am going to guess it is hydrating. Which goes along with the notable ingredients like sodium hyaluronate, and placental protein. Not too sure about the colloidal platinum? I tried to look it up, but most seems to be dietary supplement for promoting the coherence of electrical impulses in the brain.

The mask is soaked in 25g of clear essence, and it has a very light scent that is prevalent in most skincare. It's not too bothersome but nothing to write home about.

As for its performance, I took it off after the recommended 20 minutes as it was starting to dry out. The extra essence sunk in quickly and made my skin feel cool and plump. But not the dewy feel that I was looking for. It's not bad but it's just not what I was specifically looking for.

Mitomo - Syn-ake + EGF Essence Mask


Next up is the Syn-ake + EGF mask, which came from the mystery pack as the Placenta + Platinum mask. I also assumed the purpose of this mask due to no English explanation. I just assumed it is for anti-aging since syn-ake and EGF is typically used for that purpose.

It comes in 25g of essence that has that faint but typical skincare scent. The essence has notable ingredients such as sodium hyaluronate, RH-Oligopeptide-1 and chemical compounds that I don't recognize.

The mask only lasted 20 minutes on me since it started to part ways with my skin by then. The extra essence sunk in quickly and didn't leave it feeling tacky. As for results. I really didn't notice much. Not much hydration and not much anti-aging. So this was kind of a useless mask on me..

Mitomo - Natural 512 Diamond Facial Essence Mask


I honestly can't remember how I got my hands on this. I imagine it's from a mystery mask pack from the same shop as above. They seemed to like sending out Mitomo masks with mystery packs. This one was pretty but seriously, the lady on the cover scares me. Hahaha. So creepy looking.

As for the mask, typical with the prior masks, I really have no idea what it is for besides just guessing that it is for brightening. It contains diamond powder, aloe extra and sodium hyaluronate. Seeing how the mask looks essentially the same as the others, I seriously wonder the level of the diamond powder in this.

The mask comes with 25g of essence. While most is soaked in the mask, there was quite a bit of essence left in the package. I am actually kind of glad it did as it had a very strong powdery floral scent that I did not like. It remained strong while the mask was on me. Not good.

I took it off after 25 minutes and that fragrance lingered... So be forewarned, it's very strong and you will have to deal with it even after the removal of the mask. The essence made my skin feel dewy to the touch but does feel a bit taught. If it is meant for brightening, I didn't see any.

Mitomo - Natural 512 Avocado Seed Facial Essence Mask


The Avocado Seed mask was interesting as I really like avocados but never really heard of beneficial factors of its seed. The mask packaging also doesn't help with the lack of English explanation, so I am just assuming it is for purifying the pores due to the Kanji.

It comes with 25g of essence that has avocado seed oil, aloe extract, sodium hyaluronate and castor oil. I am not sure what the scent is but I know I smelled it before. It's pretty strong though so if you are sensitive to scents, this is one to skip.

I took the mask off after 20 minutes and the leftover essence made my skin feel cool for a good 10 minute or so. My skin feels quite hydrated but that's all that it did...

Pearl + Cherry Blossoms Essence Mask 


Last mask is this pretty Pearl + Cherry Blossom mask that has a nice Japanese drawing on it. I am pretty sure I got it from another mystery pack.. XD

Once again, this has no English description of its purpose. But according to my good ol' buddy Google, it is to brighten, moisturize and firm up the skin. Ummm okay.. No offense, but with all of the prior masks, I am not expecting that much from this mask at all.

The mask comes in 25g of essence that smells like orange blossom. It has lots of nice ingredients like allantoin, panthenol, ruby powder, sodium hyaluronate, cherry blossom and aloe extracts. Maybe the orange blossom scent is due to the cherry blossom extract?

I took it off after only 10 minutes, which is really short as it is recommended it for 20-30 minutes. But, I mean, if the mask is starting to separate from my skin, I am not going to keep it on and risk drawing moisture from my skin.

Even though I took it off after 10 minutes, it appears to be too late. My skin feels a bit tight like it's drying already. So instead of moisturizing, it drew moisture from my skin. Booooo..

Overall Ranking

I am not even going to bother with an overall ranking because all of the masks just sucked.. I really wouldn't recommend any of these masks to you. Because the results are just meh and none of them have a manufacturing or expiration date, so it's a risk of using expired masks. Save your money and buy something else. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment