Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Mask Compilation #7 - Misc

Hey everyone~~ I have a bunch of masks that doesn't really fit into one specific purpose or one specific brand. So we are doing a miscellaneous collection of masks~~

Nature Republic - Real Nature Manuka Honey Hydrogel Mask



Nature Republic usually does really well for me in regards to their hydrogel masks. I hope the Real Nature Manuka Honey Mask won't disappoint.

It is supposed to deliver rich moisture to the skin and make it radiant. It includes hydrating ingredients like honey (1,000ppm), sodium hyaluronate, and hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid. But they are relatively low on the ingredients list. There are also botanical extracts like centella asiatica, peony and matricaria flower.

It comes with 22g of clear essence that has a semi sweet honey scent with a light whiff of chemical scent mixed in. I think the honey scent is probably from the honey and added fragrance. It reminds me of the Banila Co Mr.Honey & Miss.Flower cream!

The two piece hydrogel was too small for me but it's always the case with hydrogels. It is recommended to be kept on for only 20 minutes but I had it on for 50 minutes, so it was a nice long session.

The tackiness from the extra essence only lasted a few minutes. Then I was left with hydrated and plump skin. A little tight around the eyebrows so maybe I won't do 50 minutes next time. But I quite enjoyed the mask and its effect. 


Hello Skin - Jumiso Rich Nourishment Mask


So I have seen Hello Skin floating around on IG for a while now and had the masks for a while but never tried it. I really like how much they care for their customers, like look at all the special things they did for the winners of their 2018 event. It was pretty awesome! I decided to try my box of the Jumiso Rich Nourishment Mask, which is supposed to deeply nourish the skin. Something my skin needs along with hydration in the winter.

It has 26ml of runny essence that has ingredients like accharomyces and lactobacillus ferments, niacinamide, ceramide NP & NS, shea butter and different root extracts like black ginseng. It has a scent that's similar to this green tea conditioner spray that I have for my dog. It's not gross but it is a tad strong on the nose. So if you don't like strong fragrances, this may not be the mask for you.

I was super surprised by how thin the mask was! It is made with 100% cotton and hugs my skin soooo well. I had it on for about 40 minutes, which is well over the recommended 10 - 20 minutes. The long wear time probably led to some tightness around the forehead and eyebrow area but that went away with time.

Extra essence sunk in to a matte finish and my skin felt soft and moisturized. But it does feel like the product is kind of sitting on top of my skin for a good 10 minutes or so. So either use it at night and don't touch your skin for a while, or use a cream to seal it all in. My skin felt nourished, plump and soft, even in the morning. I have since used up the entire box of masks and I grow to like the mask more with each use!


Tsaio - Deep Whitening Mask


The Tsiao Deep Whitening Mask has such a cute packaging. But I actually can't remember if I purchased this based on packaging or received it in a mystery mask pack. We will never know~

It's a brightening mask, and if you ever read my blog or my IG, you will know I am not a big fan of them. I can never tell a difference so it's kind of useless on me. But this mask supposed to even out the skin tone and lighten discolouration. As well as hydration and pore tightening. That's a lot for a single mask.

It contains 20ml of essence, which sounds like not much compared to others that are usually 25ml. But trust me, it's typical of a Taiwanese mask and was DRIPPING when taken out of the package. It has botanical extracts like apple, mallow, peppermint, and cucumber, as well as niacinamide, methylparaben and fragrance. It has a tangy taste that I don't like, which reminds me of masks that has alcohol high on its ingredients list.

The silk mask is thicker than the others I have tried and tore easily. It also didn't hold as much essence as it started to dry up and bother me at the 15 minutes mark.

I was actually relieved to take it off as I really didn't like the scent, which means it's not for you if you don't like strong scents. The extra essence took about 10 minutes to sink in, while leaving my skin feeling dewy but slightly tacky and tight. I saw no brightening effect but I wasn't expecting to see any. I don't love it or hate it. It's just meh..

Too Cool for School - Pumpkin 24K Gold Mask


The Too Cool For School Pumpkin 24K Gold Mask was provided to me by the brand through a giveaway. I was excited to try the mask as I was interested in it but wasn't excited for its price tag.

It is to remove dead skin cells and reveal smooth and soft skin. As well as provide vitality and radiance to dry and tired skin. This makes me think you should use sunscreen after using it, as it sounds like it is doing a chemical exfoliation on the skin. But the ingredients list says the opposite. I don't see any exfoliating acids. But I do see hydrating ingredients like sodium hyaluronate and arginine. It also contains pumpkin extract (100 ppm), collodial platinum (10ppm) and gold (10ppm).

The mask comes with 25g of runny semi-opaque gel essence that has a strong perfumey scent that hits the back of the nose quite strongly. The biocellulose masks are probably the thinnest I have ever seen. And it's probably due to how thin it is that it started to get uncomfortable at the 10 minute mark. I stuck it out to the 15 minute mark, and regretted it.

The extra essence sunk in quickly to a matte finish. My skin feels soft and hydrated and my pores appear to be smaller. But is it worth the price tag?? No.. It's typical for a biocellulose mask and it didn't even last as long as recommended.

Jayjun - Rose Blossom Mask


This Jayjun Rose Blossom Mask was gifted to me by a friend because she knows how much I love rose scented products. I was super excited for this mask and hoard it for as long as I possibly could.

It contains 1% rose water, along with sodium hyaluronate, beta-glucan, betaine and allantoin. So it will be nourishing, hydrating, and brightening. But let's face it, brightening is not going to be discussed so let's just scratch that from the record from here on.

The sheet mask is actually pink, which took me by surprise. It is soaked with 25ml of thick runny essence that has this gorgeous rosewater scent. I was in heaven.

I kept it on for an extra 5 minutes and it wasn't too bad, my skin felt only a tiny bit tight. The extra essence took forever to sink in. While it was being absorbed, it felt like I had a sticky layer of product that's just sitting on top of my skin and needed to be washed off. But once it sunk in, after like 20 to 30 minutes, my skin felt soft and plump. It makes me so happy despite the long absorption time! Definitely a night mask.

Benton - Aloe Soothing Mask Pack


I received these Benton Aloe Soothing Mask Pack as part of their reviewers program. Which I provided my honest opinion in exchange for the products. I was looking forward to trying these masks as it seems to be something good to have on hand for when my sin needs some soothing and hydration.

It has 23g of serum like essence that has no discernible scent at all. So this is safe for those who are sensitive to fragrances. It has ingredients such as aloe leaf water, sodium PCA, sodium hyaluronate, and camellia sinensis leaf water.

I was surprised the mask lasted 30 minutes on me as it was one of the thinner masks I have tried from a Korean brand. But I am not complaining man. Especially when the extra essence sunk in quickly and didn't leave my skin feeling tight at all. I did notice a bit of a reduction to my flushed cheeks so it is definitely soothing. I also had dewy skin despite not using any additional products after the mask so it's definitely hydrating as well. But I imagine the results are due to the fact that I tried it in the summer. It probably is not sufficient for the colder seasons.

Overall Ranking
There were quite a bit of hits in this bunch, so the ranking was a tad tough! 

1) Jayjun - Rose Blossom Mask (Yeah.. My love for roses will always win out. This is easily accessible in Asian grocery stores and it smells like roses while hydrating my skin. What is there to not love??) 2) Hello Skin - Jumiso Rich Nourishment Mask (I really like how it nourished my skin, leaving it soft and plump. Not a big fan of the scent but love how the brand really focuses on their customers)


3) Benton - Aloe Soothing Mask Pack (I was surprised by how much I liked it! It hydrates and soothe the skin. The downside is that I think it's too light for the colder seasons)


4) Nature Republic - Real Nature Manuka Honey Hydrogel Mask (This was a nice hydrogel mask to use. I love the sweet honey scent and liked that it plumped up my skin. But given it's a hydrogel, the fit is not the best and it had strong contenders to fight against. So it's sitting lower on the list)


5) Too Cool For School - Pumpkin 24K Gold Mask (Love that it hydrated my skin and made it feel softer. But I don't like the strong scent and the fact that it didn't last more than 15 minutes. Which is on the short side for a biocellulose mask. Plus, that price tag is ridiculous for what it does)

6) Tsiao - Deep Whitening Mask (Not a big surprise here. Its main purpose is to brighten and I don't tend to go for those masks. It has a very strong sour scent to it that feel like it was burning the back of my throat. It also dried up at 15 minutes and it just didn't impress me at all)



0 comments:

Post a Comment