Pages

Saturday 18 September 2021

[JOLSE] - NACFIC Real Floral Toner in Rose

 Hey guys~! Another blog post. Who am I? Hahaha I kid. 

This is the third part to my posts with Jolse, you can read part 1 - Lips (here) and part 2 - scalp (here). Now my last post is finally skincare related. Hehehe. I figured after all the makeup and scalp, I should go back to the topic I normally blog about. I decided on the NACIFIC Real Floral Toner in rose because I am a sucker for rose products, especially ones that has rose petals in it! 

Before we continue, in case you haven't read the previous posts in the series. I was approached by Jolse to select products to review. I am now like 6 9 months behind in reviewing these products, so you know I had A LOT of time with these products and have definite opinion on them. What I love about Jolse is that they ask for my honest opinion. What I state in this post is my honest opinion of these products. 😊

Let's move on to the product. 


I have been eyeing the NACIFIC Real Floral Toner - Rose for a while. For a hot minute there, NACIFIC was all the rage on IG. I am a huge sucker for anything that's got rose petals, and smells like roses (seriously, I have bought so many products because of it, it's ridiculous). It come as a surprise to no one that this toner has been on my radar for a while. What stopped me from purchasing it was that my friend told me the NACIFIC products they tried were just ok, it wasn't anything super impressive. When Jolse approached me and I had some room left, I decided to finally fulfill my curiosity over the brand and the rose toner. 

Source: https://en.nacific.com/brand.html

A little background on NACIFIC. Their brand name is literally "Nature + Pacific". The brand started in 2015 and the brand's philosophy is natural beauty by focusing on innovation with natural ingredients. I believe they started to gain popularity through their Fresh Herb line, with the star product being the Fresh Herb Origin Serum. Their branding is pretty simple. Black block letters on plain background. It kind of reinforces their philosophy of being simple but reliable. 

The Real Floral Toner has two versions, calendula (link) and rose (link). The calendula version is to soothe, calm and moisturize the skin, while the rose version is to moisturize and improve skin condition. But let's face it, I got it for the rose and that's all. Hahahaha πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

The toner comes in a 180ml clear plastic bottle with a shaker top. Honestly, I am so lazy that I took out the stopper and replaced it with a spray top. It works well, but I wouldn't recommend it to be honest πŸ˜…. It works well with toners that's only liquid, but this has flower petals floating around. Which, I have totally failed to take into consideration. The floating petals can sometimes get caught and blocks the liquid from coming up the misting mechanism. I have to constantly shake/agitate it so the flower petals doesn't block anything. I don't know if it's because of all the shaking, but there are a lot of small chunks of flower petals.



The toner is a light orange/brownish liquid, I think that's just the normal colour for most rose related toners so I am not surprised to see it. It has the consistency close to water, so it's quite liquidy and comes out of the shaker top easily. The toner has quite a bit of rose petals in there, and they all look really nice which makes this gal very happy. Because this is a rose heavy toner, it better smell like roses. Which it does, but not my favourite kind of rose scent. I prefer bouquets of roses, so think um JO MALONE Red Roses cologne, that's the kind of scent I love the most. The second closest would be rose water. This toner's scent is more close to a light English rose scent, a light sweet floral scent that reminisces of the floral scent that artificial lychee flavours have. It is light, refreshing but definitely sweet. I would say the sweet flower scent is more prominent than the rose scent. It was slightly disappointing to me but honestly, it's just a personal preference so I can't blame it on the brand. 



Because this is almost like water, it is pretty great as a mist. It comes out as a relatively fine mist and I don't feel like I am bombarded by droplets. But again, this is not normal experience as I replaced the shaker top with a mist top. 

I tried from the pour top and just didn't love it. I tend to apply the hydrating toners with my hands, and because it's so liquidy, I often lose a bit from between my fingers and it gets everywhere. I am not a big fan at that method at all. Hence the spray top. Anyways, the toner sinks in quickly, which was expected. As it's sinking in, the presence was definitely noticeable. Um, to describe it would be that I definitely noticed a bit of a dewiness on my skin. But once it sinks in, which didn't take long, my skin feels slightly hydrated but mostly like I haven't really applied anything. 

I upped the contrast and colour so you can see my skin and the change

After finishing the whole bottle, I have to say, whilst I enjoyed the product, I have to agree with my friend. This product was ok for what it is. It's a basic hydrating toner with rose petals as a selling point instead of serving any purpose. My skin drank up the toner quite easily, but I felt like it haven't done much for my skin at all. I didn't have high hopes for this product and I still ended up being underwhelmed by it. Perhaps my normal and dehydrated skin was just not the target skin type. It is targeted toward all skin types, but perhaps because how dehydrated my skin is, it just does not have that level of hydration I need. I wouldn't personally repurchase this toner because it just doesn't provide me with what my skin needs. 

To end this blog post and the series, I do want to thank Jolse for letting me try out the products I have been eyeing for a while! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment