Pages

Thursday 29 October 2015

Masks #9 - Face, Hands & Feet!

In early September, one of my very best friends got married and I trudged up to Edmonton to be a part of the celebration. This is one of the once in a blue moon occasions that I would put on make up and nail polishes. So I brought up some masks with me to use and to make sure I have no dry patches. We all know how makeup loves to accentuate dry patches. ^__-

Dr.Morita Hyaluronic Acid Essence Mask

This is a Taiwanese mask I picked up at the local Chinese supermarket. I read a review somewhere saying the brand is pretty good, and I am a sucker for Hyaluronic Acid so of course I have to buy it. I can't remember the exact price, but it was under $15 for a box of 10 silk masks. Yes.. They are silk masks! They don't advertise it as silk mask except for one little blurb under the "24 hours continuous hydration" on the front. I actually didn't see it until I looked at the above image while typing. Oops..
 Ingredients: As per the package. 


Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycosyl Trehalose/Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate (Trehalose), Xanthan gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, D-Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Luffa Cylindrica Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract Ceramide 3; Ceramide 6 II; Ceramide 1; Phylosphingosine; Cholesterol; Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate; Carbomer; Xanthan Gum, Fragrance

CosDNA Analysis

It looks like only Carbomer may cause some irritations, but it's on a scale of 1 so it shouldn't be too bad. 

On a side note, I find it funny how they don't have the full ingredients list in Chinese but rather just the star ingredients. But in English, they list out everything. Must be the FDA rules or something so they can sell it outside of Taiwan. 
That mask was in clear runny essence that is just like water. It doesn't have any strong discernible scent so that is always a plus in my book. The mask is drenched but is not dripping everywhere.

What I love about the mask is that it's got long flaps around the jaw area, such so that it reaches my ears. Yay!! That has always been my problem with masks. I don't have enough to reach there and I feel bad for those patches of skin. Never get any love. Well, not anymore! Dr.Morita to the rescue! :P There was also enough essence for me to spread on my neck too!

**I took a picture of the pearl paper instead of the mask as it was really late by the time I took it off and I couldn't sneak into the bathroom without waking up my friend's family. So this photo I took of the pearl paper while I was putting it on will suffice.**
In the spirit of Halloween, I looked like some kind of masked creature with the pearl paper. XD
I took the mask off after 30 minutes as it was starting to dry in spots and I don't want reverse osmosis to occur. My cheeks feels fine to the touch but my forehead was a bit sticky. Took quite a bit of time before it was all absorbed in and the stickiness went away.

As for result, my skin felt supple and soft. Though the next morning, the CC cream I applied drew my attention to a few dry spots on my cheeks. So I guess this mask isn't as moisturizing as it's advertised to be?

All in all, I wouldn't mind buying this mask again. It have no offensive scent, it reaches to my ears and it's relatively cheap for a local purchase of silk mask. *I am looking at you Lovemore! Same price for half the amount and similar results*


Pure Smile Portion Pack Hand Pearl

This was a mask I got from Memebox, from back in the day. I haven't really thought about it until I started to pack. I don't usually do hand masks as I can't even watch a show without doing something with my hands. So I thought what the hey, might as well look nice for my friend's special day.
 Ingredients: It's all in Korean and I am just not up to translating ingredients right now. 
This is essentially a mask in glove form with an exterior liner to prevent the essence from leaking. Unfortunately for me, it leaked anyways. From the back of the package, it seems like the two gloves are supposed to be attached and you cut them apart when you are ready to use them. But mine was already separated when I took them out of the package, so some essence leaked out. 
As you can see from above, it's just a thin white plastic outer shell with a soft mesh inside. The essence has a thick consistency, almost like a gel, such that it would stay put inside the mask, most of the time. The mask has a perfume smell that reminds me of a shampoo I used to have a long long time ago. But it's not intolerable or anything like that. Just drove me crazy for a while because I can't recall exactly what it reminded me of. 




**Insert face between my hands and pretend I am doing a two handed Kabe-Don. Kekekekeke ^0^  **
Source: nakashima3 Deviantart
Kekeke, jokes aside. I don't think this mask is made for those with big hands. It looks big but as you can see, my hand fill up about 90% of the mask, and I got small hands. So if you got a bigger hand, this may not be for you. 


I had the mask on for about 30 minutes before I had enough of not being able to move my hands or touch the phone screen. My hands were very moisturized and feels softer and supple. My cuticles looked so much happier too! It didn't leave any weird oily feeling on my hand so that's a plus. Though I do recommend doing this before bed and go straight to sleep afterwards. I went to wash my hands, and I can feel some of that essence washing away.. T___T

**My freshly moisturized hands are doing double Kabe-Don to the review.. Kekeke ^0^**

I liked this mask but being a person who loves to use her hands, I don't think I can sit through another 30 minutes of not doing anything with my hands. I wouldn't buy it again but if I am gifted some and have a special occasion coming up, I wouldn't mind forcing myself through it again.

**WARNING: You will see feet.. My gross feet to be exact. So if you are squeamish about these kind of things, please skip!!*
I also did a foot mask at the same time. This is from a Memebox, again. I linked the Canadian Holika Holika website above but I think these are pretty easy to find. They are even on Amazon. So just look on your favourite e-tailers' site and see if it's available.
 Ingredients: As per the website. 

Water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, glycerin, alcohol, minderal oil, cetyl ethythexanoate, betaine, tocopheryl acetate, urea, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, mentha piperita (peppermint) extract, trehalose, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, sodium hyaluronate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, olea europasea (olive) fruit oil, honey extract, punica granatum fruit extract, milk protein extract, salicylic acid, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl glucoside, polycrylate-13, polyisobutene, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, peg-100 stearate, polysorbate 20, polyglyceryl-3 methylglucose distearate, acrylates/c10-20 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance

**Seriously, feet pictures coming up. Abort if you are squeamish!!**
Look Ma! I am a butterfly!!! 
These booties came still attached, thankfully. All I needed to do was tear it down the center along the perforate line. This is similar to the hand masks. A plastic outer shell with softer mesh inner shell and the essence between the two shells. 
The essence has a strong smell to it. When it first hit my nose, it was very floral, then it became chemical very quickly. I think it must be the alcohol. There wasn't too much essence floating in the mask, but just enough for it to stick to my feet. 

I just wish there was some tape to hold it. So the openings aren't wide open and I can't do anything besides sit with my feet planted to the ground. <- that is my number one reason why I don't do feet masks. I like to sit with cross legged since my legs are too short to reach the ground most of the time. 
I have size 6 feet, and you can see there's quite a bit of room left at the heel area. So I would imagine this would be good for anyone up to size 8 or 9??? 


Before the mask, you can see my feet are pretty dry, especially around the heel area. I don't like to moisturize my feet because the greasy lotion feeling grosses me out and makes me feel uncomfortable all night. Yes yes I know, I should moisturize anyways. I am trying to. Slowly.. 


I left the mask on for two hours since I figured my feet need that extra moisture. Despite having the openings wide open, the mask was still really moist afterwards. Don't forget to massage all those extra essence into your dry areas before taking your feet out.

I found my feet to be feeling moist moisturized. No necessarily softer, that needs more work than just a single use mask. But it felt moisturized and it didn't make my feet feel oily or anything. It did good enough work given what it has to work with. I am happy with the results.

That being said, I'll probably not repurchase this. I just don't like hands and feet masks that prevent me from moving around. I'll use them if I am gifted them but I won't go out of my way to buy them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment