Pages

Friday 7 July 2017

[JOLSE] VPROVE Rhodiola Power Cream review

Woot~~ I won the VPROVE Rhodiola Power Cream from Jolse back in March! I was super looking forward to receiving it and trying it out. But guess what... CBSA and Canada Post decided I shouldn't get to play with it for 3.5 months. Soooo.... Even though Jolse shipped it on March 17, I didn't receive it till end of June.. T____T I obviously missed the April 20th deadline but I figured I should share my thoughts on it anyways 😊
The cream comes in a tube with a long nozzle, which allows for sanitary dispersion of cream each time. There is 35ml in each tube, and it retails for roughly US$18 on Jolse. You may be like me, and think 35ml is too little. But trust me, a little goes a long way. 

Ingredients:

water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Rhodiola Sacra Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Propoanediol, Niacinamide, Clyclopentasiloxane, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cclohexasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Glycereth-26, Sodium Chloride, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Titanium Dioxide, Sorbitan Isostearate, Ozokerite, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Panthenol, Dextrin Palmitate, Jojoba Esters, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Madecassoside, Allantoin, Ethylhexaylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, denosine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Zinc Oxde, Panax Ginseng root Extract, Magnesium PCA Sodium Lactate, Tocopherol, Copper Tripeptide-1, Serine, Sucrose, Urea, Glycine, Calcium Cholride, Potassium Hydroxide, Omithine, Sea Salt, Alanine, Magnesium Cholride, Threonine, Histidine, Aspartic Acid, Valine, Proline, Dipotassium Phosphate, Lysine, Tyrosine, Lucine, Phenylalanine, Isoleucine, Glucosamine HLI, Magneisum Citrate, Asparagine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Glutamic Acid, Citrulline, Arginine, Uric Acid, Methionine, Tryptophan, Turine, Glutamine, Cysteine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

CosDNA

That's one long list for a small tube of product eh? *My Canadian-ness is coming through. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚*

According to the CosDNA analysis, there isn't much triggers. The biggest trigger is the Tocopherol, with the level of 2 for acne trigger and irritant. There are other ingredients, such as Sodium Lactate and Phenoxyethanol, has a level 4 for safety. But I think this cream should be okay for sensitive skin. 
If you have read my blog before, then you know how important fragrance in products are to me. I am not going to lie, I am confused regarding my feelings to this cream. 

Let me explain... When I smell it out of the tube, it smells like wood chips and men's cologne to me. When it goes on my face, I can smell it for a good 10 minutes before the scent dissipate. I can deal with the scent, just don't like the fact that I kind of smells like men's cologne. Then.. I swatched it on the back of my hand and I can smell floral undertones to this cream. WHAT?! πŸ˜– As time passes, I keep sniffing my hand. The scent still lingers, but much lighter than the initial application and I can definitely smell the floral notes. So this cream has a confusing scent.. Hahaha. I don't let it bother me since it's becomes very light within 10 -15 minutes. You shouldn't either unless you really dislike the scent. 
The cream is off white and I would say normal kind of cream texture. Does that make any sense? It's cream but not very thick, because otherwise it can't pass through that tiny little nozzle. It spreads beautifully. Remember how I said a little goes a long way? Yeah. You really don't need much for this cream. I use about a pea sized and it was sufficient for my chubby face. So the 35ml tube should be sufficient for a month's usage as I think this is more of a day cream. 

Why is it a day cream? Well, the cream is advertised to be a temperature-overcoming cream that strengthen's the skin's power, preventing it from becoming sensitive from the changes from indoor and outdoor temperatures. I was sold on this claim and was super excited for this cream so I can test it against the super cold and dry AB weather. But alas, I got this in June, and missed my chance to test it against the cold weather. Luckily, for the cream testing not so much for me, we have been having and continue to have a heat wave in Cowtown. (Great for Stampede but gah for someone who lives with no AC) So the cream is being tested against the strong sun and dry heat instead of the minus 20C weather. But I digress. This is a day cream, and it's kind of self explanatory now. Since it's unlikely you will go outside after doing your night routine, so the cream would be used before you head out the door in the morning. 
As for the performance, well... First of all, I have to say I LOVE the cream. Not for its performance regarding the temperature difference but for its ability to tone down stickiness! I used this as the last step in my routine, and let me tell you, it's amazing! 
Neogen Code9 Pore Tightening Aqua Cream. It moisturizes well but leaves my skin tacky
My skin tend to be a bit dewy and little sticky from all the serums I use, especially from the Neogen Code9 Pore Tightening Aqua Cream. It makes my skin dewy and moisturized, but it does make my skin feel a bit sticky and takes a while to sink in. But ooooh let me tell you, I put on just a pea sized of the VPROVE cream, and bam! All stickiness is gone! My skin feels cool and "dry" and I can touch my skin without feeling like I have rubbed off some of the Neogen cream. GAW I love the VPROVE cream for this factor alone! 😍😍😍 This is also how I know the pea sized portion is sufficient for my chubby face! No stickiness anywhere with just a pea sized portion of the VPROVE cream. 
With both the Neogen and VPROVE creams
As for the temperature-overcoming claim, I think it's definitely true! My face feels cooler to the touch and it's very evident on the swatch on back of my hand. I put my super warm palm on the back of my hand and I can feel the difference immediately! The swatched section feels much cooler than the unswatched area. It also feels much softer and more moisturized as well!

Overall, I have to say I LOVE this cream. I would totally repurchase it and can't wait to try it out against the cooooold weather we have here. I am so happy I got a chance to review this cream from Jolse. But... Jolse, can you PLEASE bring back the standard shipping for Canada? 😭😭😭 There are Canadian customers like me who is okay to wait 3 months for our products. Just maybe have an additional checkout step for us Canucks to say we are okay to wait for 3+ months...  I want to buy things but the only shipping option available is DHL and I hate DHL with a passion.. T___T I can't buy more of this cream from Jolse which sucks because I don't know where else to buy it.. T____T 

0 comments:

Post a Comment