Pages

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Mask #6

Okay, so I have been trying to use masks and then wait until I have enough for one specific benefit before doing a post. But that just takes forever since I use masks depending on what I am feeling like. It sometimes ends up being months later, I can't really remember much and my notes doesn't help. So I am just going to post them as I use them.

Oh, just a clarification! I usually post links to where I bought my items from, unless they are no longer stocked there. Then I may or may not post links to other places, but if I do, I make note of it. I would suggest looking into different website and compare prices if you are interested in a product. I tend to do large hauls so TK is usually my go to place. :)


Tonymoly Pureness 100 Propolis Mask Sheet

So I wanted to try all the masks that are $1.00 or below on TK. (I just use the conversion rate of $1.00 CAD to 1,000Won, because it is just easier to convert when it is 1:1000. Though in reality CAD is doing so bad it cost a lot more.) I wanted to try the Hyaluronic Acid one too but decided on just one "flavour" for now.

 Ingredients: As per the package. 

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, PEG-32, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Glycerteth-26, Glacier Water, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Allantoin, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Betaine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Arginine, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Propolis Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance.

What.. No alcohol?? Wooo!!!!! For those who are avoiding alcohol in their skincare. I have been hearing conflicting opinions on alcohol in skincare so I am just going to say you know your skin the best. So if you find alcohol containing products are drying your skin out, please avoid them. If you are like me and your skin don't care, then having alcohol in your skincare is not the end of the world. But this mask is good for those who don't like alcohol in their masks!

First impression, and it still sticks with me after a month, the mask smells like chocolate! That's not what I expect from a honey mask! But after second big whiff, I get a chemical smell and then back to that yummy chocolate smell. I am guessing that's what honey suppose to kind of smell like in a higher concentration? I don't eat honey much so I don't particularly know XD

Again, Blogger is being a butt and just want to turn my picture on its side. 
The mask is soaked in a clear essence and got lots of brown specks in it. Not sure what it is because I can't seem anything in the ingredient list that it could be.

The mask fits my round face well. There is a bit of extra flap on the chin and jawline, but I can fix it just by adjusting it a little bit.

The instruction said to leave it for about 20 - 30 minutes. I took it off after 35 minutes because it was starting to feel dry to the touch. There was still lots of essence left on my face but it felt kind of tacky so I left it to dry. After about 15 minutes or so, it has fully sunk in and it is no longer tacky.

As for results, I can see it calmed down the angry red spots on my face, especially this huge zit on my forehead. I also think it evened out the skin tone on my cheeks.

I already gave this mask to Mogie, who prefers no alcohol in her masks. So I definitely think I'll pick this one up again.

Beautymate Oil Free Skin Restoring Mask 


This is included for free with this pack of BeautyMate masks I bought from BGO. I actually bought the pack for the cute hair band. I was surprised when it came with 10 pieces instead of the 5 pieces.

Ingredients: As per the package. 

Water, Butylene Glycol, Urea, Alcohol, Hamaelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Magnesium Choloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Chlophenesin, 2-phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Dipotassium Clycyrrhizate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Water, Cutylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Sodium Hyaluorante, Arginine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragance

Mmmm urea as the 3rd ingredient.. Yes.. Pee.. Hahaha, but it is supposed to promote rehydration of your skin. So I can see why they included it. But umm they included water twice??? Hehehe. 


The mask is sitting in quite a bit of clear essence that barely has any smell, just a very herbal smell. The only thing I don't like about Taiwanese masks is how much plastic is used. The mask is folded with pearl paper to protect it from tearing. But soooo much garbage.

The mask hugs my skin perfectly, requiring very minor adjustments. You can see in the picture that it has big slits along the jawline if you do need a larger adjustment. While writing this, I looked at the back of the package and it stated that the mask is made with wood pulp combined with silk. NO WONDER IT FIT SO NICELY!!!! And why it tore so easily after I took it off.

I had it on for about 20 minutes before removing it, and there was still quite a bit of essence on my face, especially the chin area. It took 10 minutes for the essence to be fully absorbed in, aka it no longer felt sticky to the touch. It made my skin feel tighter afterwards. Maybe it's too much oil control for my normal to combination skin? I thought it actually had reverse result on my skin as I woke up with few red zits in the morning. But now I am pretty sure it's my oil cleanser that caused the breakouts. So I will find another time to re-try this mask and update the post!

Update: So I have tried it three times now. The second time I think I had hormonal breakouts so I had to do it a third time. I double cleansed my face even though I didn't have sunscreen on. I had no major breakouts either. So third time is the charm right? Nope.. First day after the mask, my skin was fine, it even brought down some of the bumps on my chin. Second day after the mask.. I got a small breakout on my cheeks. That is an area I don't normally get break outs from. I haven't done anything else to my skin since so it's the mask. Yes it's only one breakout. But to have it cause even one is telling me something in this mask isn't agreeing with my skin. I think I'll hand these off to my brother since he has a more oily skin than me. Hope it will help him more since he's got more problems with acne.

Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask in Kiwi


So my skin was just breaking out like crazy due to the stupid oil cleanser *grumbles so more* and I didn't know at the point. I tried all that I can to reduce it. So this mask is said to moisturize and clear your skin so I decided to give it a try.


Ingredients: As per the package. 

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Caprylic/Capri Triclyeride, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (kiwi) Fruit Juice, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Glyceryl Sterate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluroate, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifer Fruit Extract, Disoium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance. 




The mask has a light floral smell, kind of fruity but a little alcohol undertone. But I didn't see alcohol in there so I wonder why I smelled it. Kind of surprised it was a lotion type of essence, I really thought it would be in a clear essence. There wasn't much essence left after I removed the mask, and the mask felt thicker than normal, but probably due to the thick lotion essence.

The mask fits like any other It's Real Squeeze masks so I won't go into too much details about it. It fits okay, a little short around the jawline and ear, but there are lots to fold under the chin.


I took it off  after 30 minutes as some areas are starting to feel dry to the touch. There was quite a bit of essence left on my face and it took a long time for it to stop feeling sticky. It calm down quite a few of my zits, it made them less bumpy. My skin felt smooth and my skin tone look evened out.

Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask in Tea Tree

**I forgot to take pictures! Sorry!!! So it will be a short review**

So I decided to use this mask because I got a HUGE bump on my cheek and I was hoping this will calm it down. It has a pretty strong tea tree smell at first but it dissipates after a while. It felt really cool on my skin and stayed that way the entire time. Unfortunately it made my bump even more angry so that was NOT what I was looking for. Will retry this once I have another zit that is not caused by really badly clogged pores.

Overall Thoughts

I like the masks I tried! I really do like the Tonymoly Pureness mask for its smell and results. I like how the Beautymate mask fit on my face. Whilst the Innisfree masks are pretty decent. Except they did not give me the results I was looking for, but it's not really the masks' fault. Will have to redo all of these masks besides the Tonymoly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment