Pages

Monday 7 November 2016

Japanese foot mask

While sorting through my stash of masks, I discovered I had a few feet peeling masks that I still gotta use. Now.. I was doing this back in May... Yah I know.. that was 6 months ago... I am REALLY behind...

Anyways.. I decided on the Mizon Magic Peeling Foot Mask that I got from Memebox, when they still shipped internationally. 

I was getting all ready but.... Then I noticed there were fuzz growing on the stickers.. And... Noped out of that rightaway.... Turns out it was expired, and even when it wasn't expired, the result was meh at best so I wasn't too sad about it. 

So I dug through my stash, and I found this Lucky Trendy peeling mask I got from Hong Kong. It is from Japan, and was the first peeling foot mask I ever bought. I think it costed around $10 CAD? I just always forgo it for Tonymoly and other Korean ones. I decided this was best time to try it. Especially since it was about to expire next year. 
Now, I can't read Japanese, only a little bit of the Kanji since it's the same as Chinese. From the Chinese label slapped on there, it is an all natural mask made with lavender and I guess peach from the front of the package? So no super strong chemical smell like Tonymoly. 
This smells like this Chinese green rubbing liquid, that you use to rub on bruises and whatnots. It smells horrible at first but it cools down to this nice light smell. It kind of reminds me of that. It's not very strong. I had to take a super hard sniff to smell it when it is sealed. However, when I had it on, the smell somehow wafted into my mouth and it was gross. 

The masks are attached, so you would have to have a pair of scissors handy to separate them. Then stick your feet in the respective masks, and tape it shut with the stickers provided. 

The plastic outer lining is very thin but it held up during the time I wore it. The inner lining is very moist with the liquid. 

I did my usual routine of putting socks on top of the masks. This is to ensure I can move around during the 90 mins I had it on. The recommended time is 60 minutes but I always liked to do twice as long. But this mask was SUFFOCATING my feet. My feet were warm and when I took them out , they were red as tomatoes. There was tons of the liquid on my feet, so much so that when I was rinsing them off, I felt like I got a thick layer of slimy gel like substance on my feet. 


Okay.. Now... The GROSS STUFF.. You are about to get up and personal with my gross feet.... so you... YOU BEEN WARNED!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I tried warning you...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.
.
.
.
Right foot
Left Foot 

My feet before the mask.. They were dry and chapped because it's dry here in AB and I don't like to put on creams on my hands and feet as I don't like the greasy feeling between my fingers and toes. 

The night when I put on the mask, I didn't bother putting on cream on it such that it can sink in. Not sure if that is the proper way to do it but meh. My feet felt warm, dry and a bit sore after I rinsed off all the solution off. The smell lingered in my mouth and so did my feet. 



My feet felt dry for the first couple of days. About 6 days later, there were bubbling around the toes, and some skin peeled off. The bottom of my feet were definitely dry and I can see some skin starting to peel off. 
Left Foot 
Right Foot



Two days later, the bottom started to peel off. YAY!! Unfortunately, it's very thin layer of skin that peeled off. Nothing as crazy as the previous peeling masks I tried. =__= I guess that's because of the "all natural" ingredients. 

Overall, my feet did peel off, and it felt slightly smoother than when I started. It didn't even take anything off the callus I got on my left foot, whereas Tonymoly took a HUGE layer off of it.

Maybe because I have tried other peeling masks that had more impressive performances, this just was meh to me. If you are into a peeling mask with "all natural" ingredients, and your feet isn't as damaged as mine, then I think you can consider this mask. Otherwise, I would stick with Tonymoly or Nature Republic's peeling masks. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment