Pages

Monday 26 March 2018

[LOVEMORE] - Bitter Gourd Purifying Mask Sheet

Oops. It's been a while since my last post eh.  Sorry peeps. But I'm back now and I'll try my best to do catch up on my posts.  
Today's post is the Lovemore Bitter Gourd Purifying Mask Sheet. It is to revitalize the skin with selected bitter gourd extract. It also contain deep sea water that is moisturizing and will improve any skin imbalances. It is purported to help produce a more even skin tone. 


I was avoiding this mask as bitter melon has been on veggies I hate since childhood.  Just seeing it brings up memories of those bitter bitter slices that I had been forced to eat as a child because "it's good for you". But alas I gave it a try because I found out I didn't mind them as much anymore.  Yup I'm still forced to eat them now at my parents =_= Guess they don't taste as disgusting now because of the changing palate. 

The mask is said to be for normal to oily skin, and highly recommended to those with dry and dull skin as it will revitalize and brighten the skin.  

The ingredients list looks pretty standard for Lovemore masks and it doesn't have parabens. However, according to CosDNA, it does have Octoxynol-11, which has a safety level of 8, which means that it may be hazardous over long term usage. Ummmm........ That's pretty high considering the highest level is 9.. Well good thing this is a one time usage only.

Now, because this is a Lovemore mask, I am expecting a thin silk sheet mask that will come out dripping with essence. This is typical for Lovemore masks, especially when it is listed as 30ml. But I was surprised to find that it wasn't dripping wet and there wasn't that much essence left in the package. I am so happy about it to be honest. I hate seeing the dripping essence falling onto my floor.

The essence is a clear serum like essence with a sea water/saline solution scent. I found this scent to be pretty prevalent in the Lovemore and other Taiwanese masks. I don't mind it to be honest. I prefer it than some strong lingering scents.

Typical of Lovemore silk masks, this one is also very thin and easy to adjust once it is on the face. I found the fit to be good but like usual, the mouth opening is a tad small. Maybe I just have a big mouth? 😂

The instruction said to leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Within the first 10 minutes, the mask already feel like it is suffocating the skin around my mouth and nose. I don't know why, but I am not a fan of it. I ended up taking it off at 20 minutes as the mouth area was dried and came detached from my skin.

As for performance, I had broken skin on my upper lip area, and the mask stung a little bit upon application. It felt like it was cooling down the skin upon contact, and my skin was still cool to the touch for a while after removing the mask. Unfortunately, my skin felt tight in addition to being cool to the touch, which is too bad.

I didn't notice any brightening effect but I cant never really tell. So I can't really mark it against the mask.

Overall, I really like how thin this mask is, but I mean, it is a Lovemore silk mask so I can get that with any of the other "flavours". It isn't a "flavour" that is readily available to me like the rose flavour. Add to that, the fact that it felt like it was suffocating my skin andmade it feel tight. I would say this is a no repurchase mask for me. I would buy other flavours instead.

** I am not sure where to put this, and realized I never stated it before. So I am going to start leaving my skin type at the end of each post. **

My skin type is combination and dehydrated.

Edit : I have come to the conclusion that I have been too harsh on the Taiwanese masks. They are formulated for use within Taiwan, which is a very humid environment. So, even though it is hydrating, it may include ingredients that is best for dehydrated skin in a humid environment. So when I am using it in my super dry environment and on my dehydrated skin, it is just destined to not work well. Should I use the mask in my bathroom during or after a hot bath, the environment will be quite humid and will produce a much better effect.

Therefore, I have to change my opinion on the Lovemore masks. They are quite good, but unfortunately, they are not designed for my environment, which has very dry air. It is best designed for those living in humid environments or those who doesn't have dehydrated skin. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment