Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2018

[L'AFFAIR ANIMAL] - Soothing Monkey

Can you believe it? I never tried a character mask before~! I tend to avoid them for some unknown reason but chose these from Skin18 a couple years ago. I picked a series of them, and today's mask is the L'Affair Animal Soothing Monkey as my skin was quite upset with blemishes everywhere. So it's perfect timing to try and see how it does, seeing how it is one of the rare occasions my skin is so upset.
The mask is advertised to moisturize and provide nutrition to the skin. As well as containing aloe to soothe the skin. The ingredients list looks nice with Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-glucan, hydrolyzed collagen, and various extracts like camellia, witch hazel, centella asiatica, and bergamot. The monkey is just the added bonus of looking silly while masking. 

I opened it up and was eager to try it. But OMG, that smell is TERRIBLE! I wanted to punch my nose so I don't smell it. It's pungent and got a bitter note to it, I don't know how to describe the scent. I really didn't want to put it on my face since the smell just makes me gag. But I prevailed and put it on my face. Thankfully, the scent isn't AS bad as it appears in the package. I can still smell it, but it's just not as bad. I really wouldn't wish this upon anyone. 
The mask is soaked in 25g of thin runny serum essence, that was slightly dripping as I was taking it out of the package. The mask itself is surprisingly soft. The fit was relatively good, but the mask kept on trying to separate from my face. It is completely printed, and as the name indicates, it is a monkey! It looks pretty silly on me but it was also good fun. Just wish the scent wasn't so gross. 

The recommended time is 15 to 20 minutes and I have taken it off at 25 minutes mark. The mask was still very moist so it could possibly went on longer. But that scent. I can smell it very clearly the whole time and can feel it at the back of my nose. I just needed to take that OFF of my face before a headache is fully kicked in. 
The leftover essence make my face feel slightly dewy and sticky. But that scent lingered. Yes, it effing lingered and led to an effing headache. Mark me unhappy camper #1. It really smelled like I had melted rubber or plastic on my face. It's not a pleasant scent at all. I think it did calm down my skin, but honestly, that scent was just too overpowering for me to notice anything else. 

If you have gotten to this point, and still don't know how I feel about this mask. Well, it's a clear "STAY AWAY!!". Just save yourself the assault on the nose and spend your money on some other less offensive smelling mask that will also soothe your skin. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment