Pages

Friday 9 December 2016

Masks#13: more expired masks!!

Yay!! I seem to be on a roll with expired items.. hahahaha.. 😅😅 But I just want to raise the point that I am only doing expired items as my skin is very non-reactive. You know what is best for your skin, so use your own judgement when it comes to using expired products.

Now, shall we continue?

Foodaholic Gold Energy Hydrogel mask
 I got this from Skin18 when they first started their free mask program last year. I had a pretty bad first experience with the Foodaholic hydrogels so I was very hesitant to try it. This mask has been sitting on the back burner until now, and I am only using it because my hydrogel stash is almost depleted. 😃

 Ingredients: As per the package. 


D.I Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Guargum, Agar, Potassium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Caster oil, Ubiquinone, Ceramide-3, Lecithin, Adenosin, Panthenol, Accharomyces, Ferment Filtrate, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Propolis Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide,Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance.

Hmm.. this ingredients list is pretty much the same as the Pearl Shining hydrogel mask.... Just three variations... 😑

In addition to the ingredients, this mask also have a STRONG perfume smell. However, this smell is much tolerable. It reminds me of something familiar but I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. I don't like it but I don't mind it... So I am not sure how I feel about it.

Similarly, it is a mask that is made with no lining to prevent it from breaking apart. However, this one didn't break on me. Yay! ^o^

Sadly the fit was a bad one. It's like they want me to be a mouth breather, with the super long nose flap. There is also a super large upper lip piece, while having huge cut outs for the mouth and eyes area.

The mask was quite dry so there was no dripping while I had it on. Because it is dry, there was also no excess essence on my skin when I took it off. But I think it must have gotten absorbed as the mask felt much thinner after I took it off.

Overall, I like how the mask is dry and it did make my skin plump up a bit. However, the poor shape of the mask and the strong fragrance makes it a big no for me. 👎😟

Foodaholic Collagen Lift Up Hydrogel Mask
 This one was a no go as it somehow fell out of the backing while inside the package and dried out. It was hard to even pull it out of the package so I noped out of that real fast. 😞 It kind of sucks because it had non-offensive smell so it had a chance to be my favourite out of all four Foodaholic hydrogel masks.

Foodaholic Vita Light On Hydrogel Mask
I opened this right after the failure of the previous mask. Thankfully it was still moist and dripping. However, it has this super strong sweet smell that immediately reached the back of my nose. So... I noped out of this real fast as well. Not going to abuse my poor nose to strong scented items that are expired. 👎😠

The SAEM Gel Science Mask Sheet in  Yam-Mucin
I was quite intrigued by the SAEM as I haven't tried any of their skincare yet and yam mucin is such an unusual "flavour".
 Ingredients: As per the package. 


Water, Butylene Glycol, Glyerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Certonia ..., ...., Crispus (Carrageenan), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Cellulose gum, Allantoin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Dioscorea Japonica Root Extract, Ethylhexyglycerin, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Pottasium Hydroxide, Fragrance

The mask had no discernible smell. Yay! It was DRIPPING with essence. It was dripping as it was coming out of the package, and I still have a ton of essence left inside the package.
This is a two piece mask, with a white and a clear backing. Both pieces are pretty stiff so I am not sure which one I am supposed to remove first. I just removed the white one off first since I can see where the mask is sitting on me with the clear backing.
The fit of the mask wasn't that bad. The nose flap was too long so I had to flip it, but that happens so often I don't mind. The biggest problem I had with it was the upper lip piece keep on drooping and starts to scratch the top of my lips.
I had it on for 30 minutes, while it was still wet, the upper lip piece is all dried up and irritating my upper lip. I just had to take if off before it does any real damage. The result was meh? 😐My skin felt kind of moisturized, but it wasn't super smooth feeling or anything. Just kind of like "I can get the same result by slapping on some moisturizer".

I think this is discontinued, and I can kind of see why. Definitely not a repurchase item. 😑

Etude House Collagen Moistfull essential massage pack
 This is a sample pack I received somewhere along the way. I decided to use it and it's in here as it is a mask and it does lead to the next mask. Though I do have to point out this is definitely expired as it is now discontinued.
This is a super thick gloopy gel that smells like orange rinds.. 😍😍 I actually really like the smell of this mask. I couldn't find instructions on this mask so I assumed you are just supposed to massage it in. So I massaged and massaged and it just wouldn't sink in. It's a super thick sticky layer on my skin, and I am really not sure if I am supposed to wash it off or not. I decided not to because I already put on my essence and didn't want to waste it.

Etude House Collagen Moistfull mask sheet
This mask is a strange one, I think this is discontinued as well, and I think that is a good choice.
 Ingredients: As per the package. 


Water, Cyclomethicone, Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Squalane, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyeride, Cetearyl Glucoside, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methylparaben, Phenoxy Ethanol, Fragrance. 
This mask comes in one piece with the strangest mesh backing, it was very scratchy and stiff. The mask is drippy, and feels kind of oily? It's not serum like, but it's not lotion like either. It kind of actually feels like it's separated. The mask also feels super weird. It is stiff, and kind of paper like. It definitely made me feel like I was suffocating my skin with parchment paper. I had to take it off after 10 minutes as it just felt super strange against my skin. 

The combined result between the two Moistfull masks was wonderful. My face felt sooooo smooth and bouncy. I couldn't stop playing with my skin. 😅 Luckily I didn't break out from this! I was very happy. Sad these two products are discontinued because I want to recreate this result again. But I am not a big fan of the mask sheet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment