Pages

Sunday 10 June 2018

[ROUTINE] - Superstar Deodorant

Hey peeps, I am back with another review of a product I received from the Skinvestment's Beauty Date x MTL event back in May. This time, this item is a little special to me because they are from my hometown!! <3 That makes me kind of excited to see a product made from Cowtown!

The product is Superstar, a natural deodorant made by Routine. This is a natural deodorant that contains activated charcoal to detoxify, magnesium to reduce the stress sweats, prebiotics to keep the skin healthy, and a touch of baking soda for additional deodorizing. This is a cream deodorant that is usable by even the most sensitive skin.
This is also different from the usual stick or spray deodorant, in that it is a cream deodorant. You are to take a about a pea sized of product and spread around your armpit and that will keep your pis fresh all day.

The advertising card is actually quite cute, because it's got Molly Shannon's character from the movie Superstar! Hehehehe.. XD

Anyways, the ingredients is as below:
cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, magnesium hydroxide (dietary magnesium), kaolinite (kaolin clay), zea mays (corn, non-gmo) starch, maranta arundinacea (arrowroot powder), cera alba (canadian ethical beeswax), sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), calendula officinalis (marigold) infused olea europaea (olive) oil, tocopherol (vitamin e), activated charcoal, inulin alpha-glucan oligosaccharide (prebiotic), cetearyl olivate (and) sorbitan olivate (natural olive based stabilizer), brassica glycerides (natural cruciferous vegetable emulsifier), pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, vanilla planifolia, elettaria cardamomum (cardamom), vetiveria zizanioides (vetiver) root oil, dipteryx odorata (tonka bean), roseum asperum (rose geranium) oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, melaleuca ericifolia rosalina) oil, piper nigrum (black pepper) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract
Please excuse my dirty nails, I was planting plants. 

So the little jar that we received contains 5ml of products, and it is sufficient for 4-7 days in a row. But honestly, I think it could last way longer because I barely made a dent in it after 2 days. 
The deodorant is a light gray cream, the gray coming from the activated charcoal. Even though the cream is gray, it does go on clear on the skin. So worries on possible staining or whitecast. 

I was skeptical to begin with, but I gave it a try anyways. The deodorant actually works pretty well! I wore  it to the gym, and my pits still smelled nice afterwards. I sweated some more later in the afternoon, and I still smelled okay! So it does work quite well!

BUT...and this is a big BUT..

I couldn't continue after two day's use.... Because of the scent... And if you read my blog for a while, you'll know scent is quite important to me..

Let me explain. When I first smelled the deodorant, it had a spicy smell that I immediately identified as cardamom, and that's without reading the ingredients list. I still smelled the cardamom when I put it on. But as time passes, I started smelling this scent and I REALLY didn't like it. And that scent lingered, and it was so strong that I can smell it every time I moved my arms. It got to the point where I became super self conscious and didn't want to move my arms at all. I just REALLY didn't like the scent. -_- So when I read the ingredients list, I immediately pinpointed the scent being patchouli oil.. So... It turns out, I REALLY dislike the smell of patchouli.. That explains why I really don't like walking past natural stores, because that is used as a base for a lot of natural products...

So while this product did work well for me, my dislike for the scent of patchouli has prevented me from finishing this up. If you are like me and don't like the scent of patchouli but want to give Routine a try, maybe try the following. I checked through the ingredients list to make sure there wasn't any patchouli oil!
Bonita Applebom, A Girl Named Sue, Bonnie n Clyde, Sweet Jane, Napoleon's Dynamite

Anyways, thanks Routine for allowing me to try this natural cream deodorant. And thanks Skinvestment for a wonderful event and introducing me to new brands, right here in my own city!

**I received the product free in exchange of my honest opinion**

0 comments:

Post a Comment