Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Etude House - Sun Blind Cushion

My apologies!!! It looks like I have abandoned this blog but I haven't!!! Life just got in the way!  I had school then my laptop broke and I lost all the pictures I had taken and transferred over... Then school started again... (ఠ్ఠ ˓̭ ఠ్ఠ) Sorry for not posting for so long!!!

Enough with the sob story...

Today I am doing a post on Etude's Sun Blind Cushion. Etude House Global had a contest on Facebook and I was one of the lucky winners!! I chose the Sun Blind Cushion as I don't wear makeup too often and needed sunscreen. ೕ(•̀ᴗ•́) They sent the package via EMS and I got it within a week or so.. (Given how Canada Post is with the strike talk and the mentioning of people's EMS packages being lost on reddit, I am surprised I got it this fast.) I was also surprised that I got a Play 101 pencil and a new 0.2mm mask!
A photo posted by @addictedtocrafts12 on

SUN BLIND CUSHION
One of the reasons I chose the Sun Blind Cushion is because it's a sunscreen in a cushion form! I don't know why but that appeals to me so much! ¡¡¡( •̀ ᴗ •́ )و!!! Another reason is because it has a nautical theme to it.. I am a sucker for those.. ^__^
The box is so colourful! 
I don't know if you can see, but it states there is only 14g of product in the cushion. This is only 0.5g more than the A'Pieu Air-Fit cushion.
 Ingredients: As per the package. 


Water, Zinc Oxide (CI 7947), Cyclopentasloxane, Ethylhexyl, Methoxyonnamate, Prpoanediol, Titanium Oxide (a 7789), Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Cicaprate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsloxyethyl dimethicone, Nacinamide, Vinyl Dimethicone/methicone Slsesquoxane Crosspolymer, Trisloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hamameus Virginana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobius FLower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lechitin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Cholride, Stearic Acid, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrlate/Dimethicone Methacryleate Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearic Acid, Ispropyl Palmitate, Trethoxycaprylyslane, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricnoleate, Polyhydronxystearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

**Apologies for any misspelling.. but OMG those are some SQUISHED UP letters!!! ⁀⊙﹏☉⁀ My eyes hurt from just trying to read it. 

It's SOOOO CUTE!!!!
As soon as I saw the box I knew it is a much thinner cushion than a regular cushion. I have it next to my Isa Knox cushion. (I was going to do a post about it until I lost all the photos.. I will eventually do up one. But let's just say it's a pretty good one!) You can see that it's just slightly wider than the Isa Knox and about half the height as Isa Knox. I kind of like how thin it is. It doesn't feel like a cushion at all. 
Oh one thing! It doesn't have a spring to open the cushion, which is what most of the cushions have. Instead, it's like a mirror, you have to physically pry it open. I find that the easiest way to open it is to have my finger nail under the lip and push up. 
However, the inside is same as any other cushion. Puff, housing for the puff and housing for the cushion itself. The cushion part does pop out from the case so you can replace it with a fresh one. 


The sunscreen itself... Hmmm.. (^~^;)ゞ Well, a little dab gets a lot of sunscreen... It looks thick but it spreads nicely. It goes on kind of matte so there's no worry about having a shiny face and it blends nicely... There is no whitecast, none that I can see anyways. I can't even tell where I have swatched the sunscreen until I touch it and feel it is slightly more moisturized than the other areas. 


I swatched some sunscreen on here too, but like I said, I really can't tell where it is since it blends in nicely. 
But........ It's.. VERY STRONGLY fragranced. Fragrance is listed as the last ingredient but it's SO strong. If it's a nice fresh citrus scent, maybe I'll put up with it. But it's a very strong sweet powdery smell, that just reminds me of baby powder mixed with something. I tried really hard to overcome the smell and put it on my face. But I put just a little bit on my neck and the smell overwhelmed my nose so I refuse to put it on my face. Though the scent does fade as I went out in the sun and sweat, so I tried slowly introducing it to my face by putting a little bit on my chin and see if I can tolerate it for hours... It's only been 5 minutes and I want to chop off my chin in order to get away from the smell...So it seems like I will be utilizing it as a body sunscreen instead of for my face.... ‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚ I am sorry Etude... I love your products but that smell is just so strong I can't grow nose blind to it at all... 

PLAY 101 PENCIL #77

This was a surprise item in the package! This is my first Play 101 pencil! I actually really like the colour of this pencil. It's a really nice shimmery bronze colour. When I am swatching it, it glides on smoothly and well pigmented in my opinion. If I let it dry, it does not budget at all. 

Top is me trying to "blend/smudge" it before it's dried, and bottom is letting it dry without touching it. 
I quite like this. Can't wait to try it on my hooded eye and see how it  stands up against oil from my eyelids. I am tempted to buy the Play 101 in black and a shimmery white. o(^▽^)o

0.2MM MASK 
I can't tell what "flavour" this mask is supposed to be but IT"S SO CUTE!!!! It's got Etti the cat!!! From the colour, I am guessing it's Hyaluronic Acid. I actually for the full range of the 0.2mm masks when it was on sale so I will be reviewing those masks.. Soon... I hope... (⌒_⌒;)


A photo posted by @addictedtocrafts12 on

Thanks again Etude House Global for sending the products!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment