Pages

Saturday 15 April 2017

Lip tints #2

Today I am going to post swatches of the tints I have acquired in the recent months. I have couple more coming but because of problems with Canada Customs and Canada Post, I have no idea when it will arrive, so these three lip tints will do for now.

Peripera Airy Ink Velvet in #5 Elf Light Rose

When this new line of Ink Velvet was released, I was like no, I am not going to buy anything from this line because I already bought two of the 2017 S/S colours. But then I looked at the swatches again, and I just fell in love with #5 Elf Light Rose. It's such a nice nude pink, and the marketing even says MLBB (My Lips But Better).
Source
I was sold and purchased it rightaway from eBay because Jolse didn't have it on their website yet. I was lucky as the seller sent it via EMS for some reason, otherwise it would have taken MONTHS to get to me.

I am not going to go into too much details about this lip tint as I am preparing a comparison post between this line and the original ink velvet. So expect that post soon.

What I will say is that this has a soapy smell to it, and the application feels much lighter and smoother. The lasting power is slightly shorter than the original line. But I am in love with this colour. It really is MLBB!!!

A'Pieu Gel Like Lip in RD04 Woody Scent
I purchased this back in November along with the other A'Pieu lip tint, and it took over 3 months to get to me due to the Canada Customs and Canada Post issues. By the time I got it, I forgot what drove me to get it. ^_^;;

Source
The official swatches looked like a nude lipstick that is also MLBB. I think that's why I got it.

I was a bit surprised when I opened it as it looked quite dark. But upon application, it does look like a nice nude shade. This differs from the Peripera Airy Velvet #5 in that it has a pink undertone while this has a brown undertone.

This lipstick has a light sweet candy smell to it.

I think it's called Gel Like Lip due to the fact that while it is a lipstick, it goes on shiny, like a lip gloss or lip tint. But it is definitely a lipstick. Unfortunately, I find the staying power for this lipstick to be lacking. I can easily wipe it all off with a napkin. But it is a nice colour, as long as I don't eat or drink.

A'Pieu x Rilakkuma Honey Glow Serum Tint in RD02 Honey Cranberry

I was absolutely drawn by the dark vampy red of this and HAD to get it. I am glad I bought it when I did, as it were discontinued shortly after. Just unfortunate it took MONTHS to get to me but I am glad it arrived safely, as I could not reorder it again.

The tint comes in a chubby stubby tube, which is unusual for lip tints. The reason behind this is the GIANT applicator. I was quite surprised when I opened it and found the applicator to be as big as my thumbnail.

The lip tint has a fake bitter cherry smell to it, reminding me of cough syrup.
Source 

Source
The official swatches shows that it is a very nice dark vampy red. But when I opened it, it looked a bit toward regular red instead of dark red.

As you can see, with a light hand, I achieved a look as if my lips just bled. 😅😅 But with a full application, it is a nice red. In the picture it does look like a normal red, but I think it has something to do with my camera. It is not capturing the colours properly. In real life, the red is a little bit darker. It is nowhere as dark as the swatches from A'Pieu but it is slightly darker than my picture.

As for its lasting power, I didn't find it to last as long as the Peripera Ink Velvets. But let's face it, it's hard to find something that is comparable to them. I can wipe away most of it even after 15 minutes, but there is a little bit of tint left.

While the colour isn't exactly as the official swatches, I still find this to be a nice colour. I am looking forward to wearing it with a nice cocktail dress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment