Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Lovemore - Black Pearl True White Mask Sheet

I have a whole bunch of Lovemore masks that are set to expire at the end of the year so I am trying to finish using them up before it is too late. I bought every flavour that BGO had available on their site a few years ago when Lovemore was all the hype and haven't used most of them. This is what I get for hoarding. 😅😅
The first one I tried is the Lovemore Black Pearls True White Mask Sheet. This is advertised to revitalize, as well as moisturize and brighten your skin. 
The mask was soaked in a clear serum like essence, and dripped a little bit. Thankfully, it wasn't letting out a stream of essence like the My Scheming masks. The essence has a light artificially sweet scent to it. I am not a big fan of it and I am thankful that it is not overpowering and only occasionally waft into my nose.

**Edit** This mask has methylparaben, which could react with UVB and enhance the aging process. So I wouldn't recommend the usage of the mask. However, I should disclose that I have purchased this a while back, so they may have changed the ingredients list. So you have been warned if you are going to give this mask a try
The mask is wedged between a stiff white backing and a thin blue backing. The idea is to remove the white backing and use the blue backing as a guide to put the thin mask on your face. That haven't really worked well for me, so I just take off both and put them on my face while looking in the mirror.
The silk mask is very thin so adheres well and looks like I have nothing on my face. The fit is pretty good, with a little extra flap on the forehead. The nose portion is meh but I kind of screwed that part up when I put it on so I can't fault the mask for that. 

The recommended time is between 10 to 15 minutes. I had it on for about 25 minutes, at which point the mask has become more opaque. The extra essence on the skin sunk in relatively quickly. It kind of made my skin tingle as it was sinking in. I can tell it had fully sunk in once it stopped becoming sticky. 

My skin felt moisturized, and I didn't really notice much brightening effect. But in comparing my before and after pictures, my skin did get a little bit brighter. 

Would I repurchase it again? The answer is no. Even though it is readily available at the Chinese supermarket, the masks just did not impress me. If I want a hydrating mask, I have so many different options to consider at a cheaper price. And I don't often want a brightening mask so that aspect is lost on me. I am looking forward to finishing up the box and never buying these again.

Edit : I have come to the conclusion that I have been too harsh on the Taiwanese masks. They are formulated for use within Taiwan, which is a very humid environment. So, even though it is hydrating, it may include ingredients that is best for dehydrated skin in a humid environment. So when I am using it in my super dry environment and on my dehydrated skin, it is just destined to not work well. Should I use the mask in my bathroom during or after a hot bath, the environment will be quite humid and will produce a much better effect.

Therefore, I have to change my opinion on the Lovemore masks. They are quite good, but unfortunately, they are not designed for my environment, which has very dry air. It is best designed for those living in humid environments or those who doesn't have dehydrated skin. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment