Pages

Friday 22 September 2017

Lovemore - Yurong Scattered Amazing White Mask Sheet

Continuing on with my Oriental series from Lovemore, it is the Yurong Scattered Amazing White Mask Sheet. Don't ask me why they named it this way. XD I think it's a literal translation. This is supposed to revitalize the skin and obviously brighten it. This will be a short review as there is not much new to report.

The mask is similar to the two other Lovemore masks I reviewed from the Oriental series. It comes between a white stiff backing and a softer blue backing. It is a very thin silk sheet mask that is drenched in essence. The essence has a very faint smell that reminds me of the shampoo and conditioner that I used when growing up. It was just these cheap ones where the conditioner is just a thick yellow cream that reminds me of pudding. The fit is good as the others, with just a little bit too much on the forehead.
I had this on for 20 minutes, which is 5 minutes past the recommended time range of 10 to 15 minutes. The mask was still moist but I just wanted to go to bed at that point.

The extra essence sunk in quickly and it left my skin feeling cool and a little tight. I chalked the tightness to the cleanser as my skin felt tight after washing it. I didn't notice much effect on my skin. It did make it feel moisturized but I see no brightening again. I wasn't expecting to at this point, as the previous two masks didn't deliver on the brightening promise.

I am not repurchasing these as I feel like it did nothing for me. I also wouldn't buy it again because there is methylparaben in the ingredients list. It is low, but it has been said that it can react with UVB and increase the aging process. So, I wouldn't be repurchasing based on that fact alone, even if it did lived up to its promises. I wouldn't recommend it unless there has been a reformulation and methylparaben is no longer in the ingredients list.

Edit : I have come to the conclusion that I have been too harsh on the Taiwanese masks. They are formulated for use within Taiwan, which is a very humid environment. So, even though it is hydrating, it may include ingredients that is best for dehydrated skin in a humid environment. So when I am using it in my super dry environment and on my dehydrated skin, it is just destined to not work well. Should I use the mask in my bathroom during or after a hot bath, the environment will be quite humid and will produce a much better effect.

Therefore, I have to change my opinion on the Lovemore masks. They are quite good, but unfortunately, they are not designed for my environment, which has very dry air. It is best designed for those living in humid environments or those who doesn't have dehydrated skin. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment