Pages

Friday 8 September 2017

Masks #17 - Even more Roundups of masks I tried

This is a collection of masks I have reviewed on my Instagram account.  I am still in the consideration of how I want to post the reviews, whether if I want to post the reviews on the blog and IG at the same time, or if I should post it on the blog as a roundup post. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

Blossom Jeju - Pink Camellia Soombi
This mask has been on my wishlist for a while now, just purely based on its reported jasmine scent. I bit the bullet and bought it and could not wait to use it.

This is a 2 step mask where the first step is 100% pure camellia oil that is to be spread all over the face before putting step 2, the sheet mask, on top of it. The sheet mask is a thin cupro mask that was a great fit for my face and looked almost invisible. It definitely smelled like jasmine heaven. In fact, I call this the jasmine heaven mask. 😍 That's how much I love the scent.
The mask was on for 30 minutes as I wanted to have it on for as long as possible. The extra essence sunk in quickly and was not sticky at all. The result was immediate. My skin looked and felt chok chok. It was so soft and moist to the touch and the enlarged pores appeared to be smaller. I didn't continue with the rest of my routine and I still woke up with really moisturized skin the next morning.

I am definitely buying this mask again as soon as there's another sale. In fact, I am still kicking myself for not realizing Urban Outfitters ship to Canada when they had the masks on sale for $2. So by the time I realized it, the only masks left were the red ones.. 😢😢Speaking of which.. That's the next review!

Blossom Jeju - Red Camellia Soombi 
This is the red version, which is supposed to be nurture and nourish the skin. Similar to the pink version, the mask is a 2 step mask with step 1 being the camellia oil and step 2 being the sheet mask. However, the sheet mask has a different scent. It has a lighter, less sweet and a fresher floral scent. My brain says it is the night blooming jasmine scent.
The mask stayed on for 40 minutes and that's when the upper lip area started to feel dry. It took forever for the extra essence to sink in and my skin felt tacky. My skin felt dewy to the touch and it remained till the next day. I like this mask quite a lot as well. But if I have the choice, I would do the pink version.

That being said, I did pick up 10 of these when Urban Outfitters had a sale on it and I religiously checked the tracking for it until it was delivered. Hahaha.

Yadah - Soothing Jelly Pack
This was a new find I found at Winners. I was aware of the brand Yadah but I was confused as to what kind of mask it was. I decided to give it a try as it was $6 for 5 masks, which is not bad for sheet masks.

This is turned out to be a natural cotton sheet mask that is covered in TONS of jelly essence that smells faintly of plants. I was surprised to see large chunks of jelly essence in the package! There was so much that I was able to cover the face in a thick layer and then my neck and arms.

I had the mask on for 25 minutes and that is when the upper lip area was starting to dry out and I can feel the thick layer of jelly essence has been absorbed. The extra essence sunk in quickly and was not tacky, which was surprising since there was so much essence to sink in. My skin felt moisturized but it definitely still needed the rest of the routine to feel that softness of a well moisturized skin.

I would repurchase it if I ever run into it again.

Mizon - Enjoy Vital-Upp Time Watery Moisture Mask 

This is a standard sheet mask in a watery serum like essence that smells like the Elizabeth Arden gree tea perfume. It is a nice light and fresh scent.

I had it on for about 20 minutes as the upper lip area started to dry out. The extra essence sunk in quickly and was not sticky. However, it did leave my skin look a bit shiny. It also made my skin look dewy, but also feel like the product is just sitting on top of the skin instead of sinking in. Eventually that feeling went away, and my skin felt a lot less dewy to the touch.

I didn't have high expectation for the mask and it kind of delivered that meh result. It did moisturize my skin but it didn't have that wow factor that makes me want to repurchase it.

Mizon - Enjoy Vital-Up Time Soothing Mask
Following up with the Mizon series, I decided to try the soothing mask to soothe the bumps I found on my face.

This is a similar mask as the hydrating mask reviewed above. Unfortunately, this did not make it to my face s I realized it has lavender. I knew it has lavender as it was right there on the package, but I was hoping for a very faint scent so I can't detect it. But this mask has a strong scent that I do not like at all so this went into the garbage.

Clearly this will not be repurchased by me.

Cremorlab - Aqua Tank Hydro Plus Water-Full Mask
This is a mask that was quite costly but I thought I give it a try as it isn't well reviewed. This is advertised to have the T.E.N water and marine collagen that will provide deep moisture to the skin. This is a two piece hydrogel that comes wedged between a stiff and a softer backing. It has not excess essence but it smells just like a light caramel drink, which is heavenly. 😍 The fit for the hydrogel wasn't bad as they tend to be on the smaller side for me but this one has a similar fit as a sheet mask.
I had this mask on for 25 minutes but I have to admit the upper lip area started to dry out by the 15 minutes mark. It didn't leave much extra essence, and whatever that's left sunk in quickly. It left my skin feeling cool to the touch and was not tacky. It made my skin feel moisturized but it didn't make feel soft or dewy. It just feels more moisturized and it made the application of essence and emulsions feel much smoother. I did feel like this mask evened out my skin a little bit and reduced the redness.

But like I said above, it is pretty pricey at $9 per mask. I wouldn't repurchase it as the result was not so amazing that it warrants that price point.

Banobagi - Vita Genic Hdyrating Jelly Mask 
I been eyeing this mask for a while and when I saw it was on sale for $20 for a box of 10 at the local Asian store, I had to make my friend pick up the last two boxes for me when I couldn't find it at the location near me. I finally decided to give it a try after my friend kept on raving about it to me and wanted me to let her know if there are any more sales on this mask.
This is a thin mask that adheres well to the face and has a good fit with my chubby cheeks. This has a watery gel essence that has a light medical scent to it.

I had it on for 55 minutes as I lost track of time, and it was still relatively moist. My skin did feel tacky after I removed the mask and the extra essence took a bit to sink in. My face felt very moisturized, even till the next day and it made the makeup application so much easier.

This is a definite repurchase item that I am constantly keeping an eye out for a good sale price.

Eau De Femmue - The Botanist Edler Mask: Hydrating/Radiance
I received this as part of friend mail and I decided to give it a try as a pick me up treat after recovering from a bad bout of a virus.
It is a vegetable mask that is made with bamboo extract, which felt quite thick, like thicker than any normal cotton sheet masks. It is drenched in clear essence that has a very faint scent to it and has a very good fit with my chubby cheeks.
I had it on for about 25 minutes and the extra essence sunk in quickly and was not tacky. My skin felt cool to the touch for a while and feels way more hydrated than it had been for the last while. Definitely would repurchase this if it goes on sale again.

23.5N - Rice Soothing Gel Mask 
This is a sample of a gel mask I won from OoeyDewy and it is a thick gel mask that can either be a wash off mask or a leave on mask. If you slap on a thick layer and then you can wash it off after 15 minutes. Or you can choose to put on a thin layer of the mask and it will can be left on like a sleeping mask.
I tried it both as a wash off and a leave on mask but I wasn't too impressed with the results as my skin usually aren't irritated. I ended up using it on my nose and upper lip area when I was sick, as that area became irritated with the constant contact with tissues.
I was impressed with the results as it made the irritation go away after I continued to slap some on each time I blew my nose. I definitely want to try the moisturizing line from 235N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment