Pages

Friday 21 July 2017

[JOLSE] Rivecowe Bubble Mask Pack review

I really thought I would not win another Jolse product since it took forever for me to receive and review my last product from Jolse. But I did! And it's the one I really wanted to try! It's the Rivecowe Bubble Mask Pack! I'll admit, I was drawn by the pink packaging and the fact that it's a bubble forming mask! Can you believe I never tried one before? Not even the popular Elizavecca one! So I was very excited to find out I won. Then my excitement was dampened by the thought that it's going to take three months to get to me. -__- Damn you CBSA and Canada Post! *shakes fist at sky*

But... Guess what? I found a bubble envelope in my mailbox just a week after I found out I won! Jolse mailed it on July 7th using K-Packet and I got it on July 17th! That's impressive! Yay! Canada Post is finally going through its backlog!

Okay, rave over. Let's get to the review of the mask itself.
The package itself is very cute, not gonna lie. XD The pink packaging and the bow totally got me. Hahaha
The instruction for the masks was a little confusing as I am not sure if I am supposed to use it on a clean face or not. So I looked up on Jolse and found out it's supposed to remove even makeup! So I decided to draw on my face with some liners and see how it goes. I actually did two days of it so there will pictures from both days. 
Before I go any further, I just want to make a comment on the scent of the product. Which is actually a light fresh floral scent that's quite nice. Not quite apple blossom but pretty close.

Day 1


I used Etude House's Play 101 stick from the Pink Cherry Blossom set, they are the #49 and Pink Bonbon. We will see how well it removes the liners.
This is a black mask that started to bubble immediately upon opening of the package. 
As I was taking the above photo, I can tell it's starting to really bubble up and had to rush to get it on my face. It was an interesting experience. I can feel and hear the bubbles forming. Then about the 5 minute mark I could feel it starting to group together and then bursting.
I was busy taking videos and pictures that I didn't take the mask off until past 7 minutes, which is well past the recommended 3-5 minutes. 
The drawings on my face didn't seem to have budged a bit so this is looking like skintertainment to me. BUT........
Mark my surprise when I washed my face with just water! It all came off! Completely clean!!! I am so surprised!!!! Gah! This works well!!
It was pretty easy to wash off the bubble mask as it made my skin feel slippery. I splashed water on areas that felt slippery and it rinsed off easily. 
However, my face felt a bit tight afterwards. I thought perhaps it was due to the fact that I had it on for too long and didn't wash my face immediately after removing it. Plus, I wanted to see how it do against waterproof makeup, so I decided to give it another try.

DAY 2

I got bored and started drawing.. XD 

For day 2, I thought I would follow the instructions of only using it for maximum of 5 minutes and see how it goes against waterproof eyeliner. Since I don't want the mask go near my eyes, I drew on my chubby cheeks. There's ample enough canvas there. 😃 I used Kiss Me eyeliner, Peripera Peri's Ink Velvet and Aritaum Volume Up Oil Tint. I thought I used the waterproof eyeliner but it looks like I used the regular version instead. T__T Too late now but let's proceed to see how it did.

I made sure I had this on for 5 minutes, and around 3.5 to 4 minutes, I can feel the bubbles are forming into big ones and then collapsing so I knew it was about time to remove it.*side note* I look like a crazy maniac wearing a weird mask. Hahahahahahaha  

Just upon removal, I can see some of the eyeliner already came off and the Ink Velvet was barely there. I washed my face immediately and almost everything came off. I was very surprised the Volume Up tint didn't completely come off as I would have thought the Ink Velvet would have won the battle. Interestingly, when I was washing off the bubbles from the mask, I can see a tinge of red from the Volume Up tint. 
Look at how well it removed everything, except for that little tinge of red from the Volume Up tint. 
However, even though I took it off within 5 minutes and washed my face immediately, my face still felt dry and taught after using the mask. Granted it is not as bad as day 1, but it definitely is not a moisturizing mask. I had to add extra boost of hydration in my routine to counter this dryness. Considering I have combination skin that tend to be dry, this is not ideal for people with dry skin. 

Overall, I think this is a fun mask to play with. It has the skintertainment aspect with the bubbles, and it is good at removing makeup and cleansing the skin. But because it made my skin feel dry, I don't think I would purchase this.

**This product was sent to me by Jolse but all opinions are mine**

0 comments:

Post a Comment