Pages

Friday 2 March 2018

[ELATE COSMETICS] - Universal Creme

One of the products I received from Skinvestment's Beauty Date MTL was Elate Clean Cosmetic's universal creme in Love! I am going to do a first impression post on the product as I don't use it often enough to warrant a full review. It may take months or years, so let's just settle on a first impression shall we?


As always, even though I received the product for free,all opinions expressed are my own. 

Elate is a conscious beauty company located in the beautiful Victoria, BC. Their products are vegan, toxin free, cruelty free and vegan free. I believe the full size of the universal creme comes in a gorgeous wood packaging that is fully biodegradable.
The shade Love is described as a bright neutral pink that gives you a natural flushed look. It can be used as a blush, highlighter or a lip colour. It's made with cold-pressed organic jojoba oil, castor oil, evening primrose and borage.
I loved the design on the sample, and from the looks of it, the shade is super cute! Not too bright. The description of neutral pink is spot on. However, I didn't like the scent of the creme. It's a tad herbal for me, I think it must be the lemongrass essential oil. .


The creme looked very solid inside the container, but it just melts when in contact with my body heat. It really does glide on skin like a dream. One swipe with my finger have really nice colour payoff. I kind of want to say one swipe with the finger is more than enough for both cheeks for a natural flush. The colour is buildable so you can definitely use more if you want a deeper flush. .


I tried to use it as a lip colour, but it is too light for my bare lips. So it looked patchy and like I'm sick. 😂 Definitely use a concealer if you want to use this as a lip colour.  


I haven't had a chance to use it on my cheeks so I am not sure about the longevity of it. But I was able to wipe off my arm swatch very easily with a tissue.

Word of caution though. If you are like me and don't use it for a while, it forms a layer of "skin" on top. This doesn't blend in so make sure you have a tissue on hand to wipe those away

That being said, I quite like the colour of Love and look forward to using it on my cheeks for that natural flush.😊 But I'll probably not purchase a full size since I am pretty sure the sample is going to take a while 😂

0 comments:

Post a Comment