Pages

Saturday 3 March 2018

[A'PIEU] - Cocorico x A'Pieu Silk Blanket Mask Silver

 
I don't know how to introduce this mask! I honestly bought the A'Pieu x Cocorico Silk Blanket Mask Silver to make up for the weight. I didn't have much high hopes for it, just thought it's gimmicky. I finally decided to try it and here's what I thought of it. 


The mask packaging is mostly Korean. But it does say that the special silver pattern will help hold in the active ingredients and prevent evaporation. Which is similar to what those silicone mask covers aims to do. It is also designed to have better adherence to the skin and better absorption. 
As the package is mostly Korean, I am not sure what the full ingredients lit is. 😅 But it does state that there is niacinamide, egg albumen, goat milk extract and peony extract. I am a bit wary about having goat milk extract but we will see. The description promises that it will moisturize and provide pore control, as well as brighten the skin for a clear and transparent skin. We will see if the mask will deliver all of these promises. I am not holding my breath for it though. 
The mask is a think sheet mask with a silver backing. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. I was really expecting a thicker mask with a foil looking backing. Not a soft, pliable mask with a shimmery backing with hexagonal patterns so it looks like snake skin/fish scales. I am not sure why the hexagonal patterns are there, but it just accentuates the fish scale look. 
The mask comes in a serum like essence that smells slightly chemical. But as long as it doesn't smell like goal or gamy, then I am happy. However, I was a bit surprised to see it is a serum like essence, as I was expecting more of an emulsion kind of essence based on the ingredients list. 
I had fun with the mask on though! I feel like I have become a snake for a minute XD 😂😂 The mask had a good fit, but there was a little bit of an adherence issue with the chin area. It kept on pulling away and not willing to sit on my skin. But the rest is ok. 

I had it on for 15 minutes, which is within the recommended 10 to 20 minutes. This is because the mask started to really cling to my skin after 5 minutes. And at the 15 minutes mark, it started to feel tight and like it was suffocating my skin. So I just had to take it off. After I took it off, there was not much extra essence on my skin and the mask felt damp. So there was quite a bit of absorption since it started it off as a wet piece of mask. 

The essence sunk in quickly and didn't leave my skin feeling sticky. Instead, it gave me a healthy glow!!! Whaaatt?!?!? And this is coming from the queen of "I can't tell if there is any brightening differences"! Asides from the glow, my skin felt moisturized and the pores appears to be smaller. I am quite happy about that! I am quite happy about the well moisturized skin and that healthy glow! 

I even slapped the extra essence onto my face as an extra layer and my legs. I was a little worried that it would end up being sticky as it took quite a bit to sink in. But it didn't at all! 

I had little expectation going in with this mask and it has surprised me! I ended up really liking the mask! I am quite sadden that this is a limited edition. I am hoping that there will be a version of this mask in one of their permanent lines! 

I have to say, A'Pieu is always surprising me with how great their products are at a low price. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment