Pages

Saturday 18 April 2020

[JAYJUN] - Gold Snow Refreshing Peeling Gel

Hey peeps. How's everyone doing?

I found this draft post that I forgotten to post.. Oops... It's a bit old but my thoughts on this product remains the same. Please excuse the format as I had changed it after this draft. So please enjoy this review from the vault on the JAYJUN Gold Snow Refreshing Peeling Gel. Enjoy~


I won the Jayjun Gold Snow Refreshing Peeling Gel from PinknBlossom on Instagram. Now, I am under no obligation to review this product but I thought I would post my thoughts on it as it is a relatively new not so new 😂😂 product and I haven't seen much reviews on it yet. Don't worry, I'll post my honest opinion on this product~

Let's get started.

The peel gel comes in a white box with gold and gray colouring. I quite like how simple it is and how the colour scheme goes together. Yeah I know it's weird but I really do like the packaging quite a bit. 😅😆


The product comes in a clear tube with gray lid and shiny gold lettering. It matches the design on the box and I love how they are totally pushing on the gold. Heheh. The product itself is a clear gel with gold specks. There's quite a bit of it too! OOOOh so luxurious!

Before moving onto its performance, let's look at the ingredients list shall we?

CosDNA

*Apologies but apparently I forgot to take a photo of the ingredients list*

There is quite a bit of botanical extracts but I don't like seeing alcohol denat in there, even though it is quite low on the ingredients list. Isopropyl Alcohol is pretty high on the ingredients list which isn't great since alcohol can be drying for the skin and this is the same alcohol we use to clean and used in hand sanitizers. I guess that's why there is so much moisturizing ingredients to counter it? Either way, this isn't a chemical exfoliator, but a physical one.

The peeling gel comes out in a thick gel that is speckled with gold flecks. It has a very strong scent despite fragrance being the last ingredient. It smells like liquid glue to me, which isn't great. It lingers after being washed off with water when I tested it on the back of my hand, which is a bit unfortunate. However, I was surprised that I could barely smell it when it is on my face.

The gel spreads quite easily, like other watery gel. It eventually starts to ball up into little white chunk and becomes a tad watery. After using it multiple times, I think it is one of the gommage exfoliators that balls up with itself and taking some flakes along with it. I'll explain my reasoning below.


For the first few tries, I placed some gel on my cheeks and forehead and started rubbing. I got a lot more balling action on my cheeks, where there's a lot of flaky skin, than my forehead.

Following that, I started trying it on my forehead, as I knew it wouldn't ball up much as there wasn't much skin flakes there. It did not ball up at all. I kept on rubbing it and nothing happened. I went to take photos, thus allowing it to dry up a bit. When I started rubbing it again, it started to ball up immediately. I also put some on the rest of my face, and it refused to ball up at all. I had to let it dry up a little bit before any balling action took place.

When I had HUGE noticeable dry skin patches on my forehead and my nose, which was highlighted by the usage of BB cushion. The peeling gel balled up quite fast and removed the larger patches of dead skin. But the smaller, finer flakes around my nose were still present and required physical exfoliation with a silicone scrubber.

You may ask why it didn't ball up on my cheeks ad left visible flakes on my nose.

 Well. One of the cause is due to the fact that I have been using the Tiam Aurora Milk Face Peeling Toner ( at the time of writing), which is a mild chemical peeling toner. This made sure that there isn't much dead skin flakes on my face, except for my nose. The second reason is that I think the product actually doesn't do too well with small skin flakes. It could also potentially be user error where I am not rubbing in the right direction. But, the results is that it doesn't remove the small skin flakes on my nose.

However, it does make my skin feel quite soft, which is probably due to the moisturizing ingredients. I was kind of surprised by the softness and used the back of my hands to make sure. And yep! It is SOFT!!



Overall, I am ambivalent toward this peeling gel. I like how it has gold flecks and feels so luxurious. I like how it does remove some of the dead skin flakes and makes my skin feel so soft. BUT. I don't like how strong it smells even though I can't smell it when it is on my face. I also don't like there are drying alcohols in the ingredients list.

While I appreciate the opportunity to try this gel, I don't think I will be purchasing this gel as I don't think the results of the peeling gel is worthy of the price tag. If it could remove the smaller flakes around my nose, then I would say the price is worth it. But as it doesn't, it's not worth it in my books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment