Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

Memebox - Goodbye~~

Well, surprising news came from Memebox today. On their Facebook, they announced they will only serve countries where they have local offices. So that means, starting February 11th, Memebox will only ship to USA, China and Korea. The other countries they currently serve will only have until February 10th to place their last orders. After that, it's so long, goodbye and good luck to the rest of the world!

It's disappointing news to say the least. Memebox was the easiest and best way to get started in Korean skincare. It was so easy to pick a theme, and have someone else pick out items for you to try. There were hits and misses. Lately it's been more misses than not, but it was a fun experience. I sunk a lot more money into Memebox in the last 6 months than I have ever spent on skincare in my whole life. So you can say I really liked Memebox. Though to be honest, my level of purchase has dropped significantly since I started to receive really disappointing boxes. I think I only bought 4 boxes since November and only one was paid with money.

I am sad I no longer have the option to get a mystery skincare box from Memebox but I can't say I am extremely upset over it.

I have been shaking my head at them since October and hence the unintentional low buy.

  1. Their quality has gone down, the number of items has gone down, yet their prices has gone up significantly. 
  2. They do not communicate any changes with their customers. Especially the lack of communication regarding the lack of boxes. 
  3. Breaking down the Cutie Pie Marzia #2 box and stuffing it in the boxes, ie My Cute Wishlist #4, K-Style #4. This did not go well with those with K-style #4. Seriously, if we wanted CPM #2, which was sold unboxed, we would have bought it months ago instead of having 2-3 items in our new boxes. 
  4. Sending out boxes that are clearly warehouse clear out instead of matching the theme. I been fortunate not to buy most of them. But I did get a couple of items that expires soon. Namely the A.H.C serums and the Shara Shara balms. Not cool, because I, among others, don't appreciate being forced to switch our routines to use up the expired items first.  
  5. Pushing out Memebox's own brand items when customers has been asking for more boxes and ignoring it. I have heard the products are pretty good, but the fact that they decided to push their own products without any new boxes or communications regarding it. It makes me really bitter toward the Memebox products and would not spend a dollar towards it. 
  6. Misleading advertising. Advertising a big box party with boxes that never showed up. Or advertising free shipping when the items had an extra $7 added into it.
  7. The laughable VIP program and incentives. The perks used to be so great and now it's dwindled down to 3 US only coupons and 1 international coupon. 
  8. Changes to the affiliate codes. It used to be $5 off any balance, now it's $3 off orders above $30. 
  9. Oh,let's not forget the restocks at middle of the night instead of stacking it so people around the world would not miss out on deals. Or holding a box in a customer's cart so they can successfully check out without the fear of losing out on it. 
Instead of trying to remedy these problems in order to retain customers. Memebox decided to stop shipping internationally and lose a majority of their revenue. This is basically against everything I learned! It makes no sense to ignore customers and make them angry. It makes no sense to keep the company away from a source of profit. From what I heard, US customers are ordering from the international shops as the deals are better. So I wonder how Memebox US will do financially without the support of the international customesr.

I am sad I am parting ways with Memebox, though that just allows me to spend my money at new shops. So.. Thank you for the good times Memebox. I am glad you initiated the break up so I don't have to be the bad guy. I don't wish for you to fail as a business, in fact, I wish for you to thrive as a business. But you are doing everything to drive your business to the grounds. So I wish you luck in your future adventures and know that I will be not be back once you are ready to offer international shipping again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment