Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

My Scheming - Rose Dew Moisturizing Mask

If you read this blog or my IG regularly, first of all, thank you! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’“Second of all, you probably noticed I love flowers. My favourite is roses and basically anything roses gets my attention. ๐Ÿ˜Š It should comes to no one's surprise that I hoard rose products. I have been hoarding the My Scheming Rose Dew Moisturizing Mask as a result of it. But it is expiring in 2018 and I think I heard they either discontinued this mask or it have been repackaged. So I thought.. Might as well use this up and match my rose themed skincare routine!



The mask contains rose dew extract, which is touted to effectively penetrate the skin and provide deep hydration as well as enhance skin elasticity. In addition, the scent of the roses will provide aromatherapy and provide soothing and relaxing to tired skin.
Notable ingredients for this mask includes rosa damascena flower water, sodium hyluronate, and cucumber extract. This looks promising as it is mostly hydrating ingredients, but then again, I am picking out ingredients that are interesting to me.

Now.. Let me preface the review with the fact that I don't have a high opinion of My Scheming. I tried a few of the masks already and I am not too impressed. So I don't have very high expectations going into this review so hopefully it doesn't disappoint me.

The mask comes in a 30ml package, which means the mask came out DRIPPING in essence. The essence is quite thin so it drips everywhere! I know some people like it when masks comes packed with essence, but I actually dislike it. It drips everywhere so I have to make sure it doesn't drip all over the floor or all over me. But I digress.  The essence has a very light rose scent to it, probably from the rose water. But mostly I smell the saline solution scent that is prevalent in most of the My Scheming masks I have tried.

The mask is a very thin silk mask that is pretty pliable for adjustments, which means that I can get a pretty good fit from this mask. This would make it a cheaper alternative to the Lovemore silk masks, as this usually go for around $15 for a pack of 10 compared to the $15 for a pack of 5 for Lovemore. The only compliant I have about the mask is that the stiff backing that is supposed to help align the mask to your face. I found that it does absolutely nothing. In fact, I always had to realign it after I remove the backing, making it useless in my opinion. I rather they use the softer blue backing that Lovemore uses.

The instructions said to keep it on for 15 to 20 minutes. I had it on for 25 minutes and the mask was still moist. There was a lot of essence that sunk in quickly and making my face feel a tad more moisturized. BUT... I don't like how it made my eyebrow region feel so tight.

Now, I have stated earlier that I went in with low expectations for the mask. And.. Well... It moisturized my skin for sure. But it made my eyebrow region feel so tight and uncomfortable. And the faint rose scent doesn't deliver the aromatherapy I was looking for. I would have to say this mask failed for me and I am not sad to see it being discontinued, if that is the case.

PS. apologies for the lack of photos. I thought I took more but turns out I didn't. I promise I'll take more for future posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment