Pages

Thursday 3 May 2018

[SKINFOOD] - Mint Sparking Foot Peeling Socks

I love peeling feet masks, they are so satisfying to use when big chunks of skin peel off! My favourite is the Tonymoly Shiny Foot Super Peeling Liquid, but I wasn't a big fan of how it left a chemical taste in my mouth so I went looking for a new one. I was disappointed with a couple of masks I tried before I stumbled upon the Skinfood Mint Sparkling Foot Peeling Socks. Let's see how it performs eh. 


The ingredients list looks... mmm... Well, first ingredient is alcohol, which helps with the penetration of the product. Seeing this is used on the feet, which has tougher skin than that on the face. So it is acceptable to have it as the first ingredients. It uses Lactic Acid and Urea for the peeling, which is similar to other peeling masks. 

The mask is two foot shaped mask that is sealed together to look kind of like a deformed butterfly. Hehehehe. The outer casing is a thick plastic, while the inner lining is a cellulose? type of material and it is soaked in the peeling solution. The solution has a very strong alcohol scent, which is a given since alcohol is the first ingredient. I had barely a whiff of mint and apple. 

The instruction is to cut it open and stick your feet in. But damn it, the opening required to stick the foot in is huge, so I really need some tape to hold it down. I was expecting it was providing some tape, similar to Tonymoly, but no it didn't. I had to waddle around with the socks on to find some tape. I also stuck a pair of socks on top afterwards to ensure the mask can be in close contact with my foot the whole time. It is always an interesting experience, because every step is like I am sloshing around water. 

The instruction says to leave it on for an hour, but I left it on for two hours as I like to let it penetrate a little further, in case it isn't too strong. Thankfully, the scent wasn't too strong once it is taped shut. I can smell it if I purposely start sniffing for the scent of the mask, otherwise it is totally fine.  The top of my feet was tingling for most of the duration, and it's probably due to liquid sinking in. Honestly, it was probably one of the most comfortable foot masks I have tried. 

When II removed it after 2 hours, my feet were a bit red from being in an enclosed space with no fresh air. But it wasn't irritated or hot so that is okay. In fact, it felt quite cool, to the point where I can feel it being cold while rinsing it under running water. It is most likely due to the mint extracts. 

Okay, enough about the mask. Let's move on to performance. As this is a foot peeling mask, there will be some gross closeups of my feet, so you are warned. If you don't want to look, the mask is great and I love it. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
Now I have to make the disclosure that you shouldn't forcibly peel off the skin from your feet. You should only peel off the skin that has became white and ready to come off of your feet. Don't be an idiot like me and forcibly peel them off. Because man.. I have and it led to some bleeding and it's painful. So remember to follow the instructions!

I started this on a Monday and by Saturday, I was able to peel small chunks off. They weren't too willing to come off the feet though. The skin on the toes were starting to come off but it really wasn't ready to come off. At this point, it was a bit uncomfortable to walk around as it was quite itchy around the ankles and between the toes. Even though I applied a thick layer of lotion before bed, it still itched a little bed. I also ended up squeaking while walking. Everyone can hear me coming! 

By the following Monday, which is 7 days after the masking session, I got bigger chunks of skin coming off. The toes were starting to bubble up and come off, but realistically, no super big chunks. I really couldn't wait for the peeling to start!

So imagine my surprise that by Tuesday, the skin is COMING OFF! It was coming off in such big chunks that I can pull up the skin on the arches and stick my finger in it! It was SO damn satisfying! Urg! This is what I live for when it comes to peeling masks!!



By Wednesday, or 9th day, the top side of the feet are also peeling and looking a bit gross. The bottom of the feet are basically done and it felt cold when walking on floors! 
All them dead skin from my feet

It took me about 2 weeks to finish peeling off the dead skin and my feet are back to being happy and not so blergh looking. I am so happy~

I think I will buy more of this mask the next time I am ready to do another haul from Korea! I am so surprised at how much I liked this mask. The big chunks of peel is so satisfying and I love that it is quite comfortable to wear and it didn't have a strong chemical scent. The lack of tape is just a minor issue that I can easily fix. So, definitely a repurchase for me! Not sure it has knocked the Tonymoly Super Peeling liquid out of the top spot for me but it is definitely a strong contender!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment