Pages

Monday 18 June 2018

[BENTON] - Cacao Moist and Mild Serum

I like Benton and they been introducing quite a bit of new products lately. I was slightly beating myself up for getting the Cacao Moist and Mild Serum because I got the toner and cream. I was just one away from the complete collection! So imagine my surprise when I got the serum in my goodies bag from Skinvestment! Thank you!! 💓



This is a serum that is designed for skin that are dehydrated or oily skin who wants a light but hydrating serum. The serum uses cacao extracts and hyaluronic acid to replenish the skin's moisture. It also includes ingredients to improve the skin barrier to retain that moisture and to protect the skin from unwanted particles. 

Before I go any further, I just want to state that even though I received this product from the company, all opinions stated in this blog post is mine. 


The serum comes in a glass bottle with glass dropper, and the pink shade associated with the Cacao line from Benton. I am quite intrigued by the lid as it is white with a clear cover on top. I don't know why, I just find it quite interesting. XD 

The ingredients list for the serum is:

Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Aqua (Water), Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Flower Extract, Madecassoside, Allantoin, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Betaine, Panthenol, Carbomer, Arginine

CosDNA

I like seeing that cocao extract is first on the ingredients list, instead of ater. It also includes sodium hyaluronate for hydration, centella asiatica extract for soothing the skin, and other plant extracts to improve the skin barrier. It should be noted that there is no fragrance added so this is supposed to be unscented. 

The serum looks rather thick in the bottle, where there are tons of bubbles trapped inside. But when I pulled it out and put on my palm, it is rather a thin gel. It is definitely unscented so yay for those who are sensitive with scents. 

I use roughly a dropper full for my face and it takes no time to sink in. Once it sunk in, there is no sticky feeling left behind. I love it when my products sinks right in and leaves no residue behind! Makes me forget I just put on skincare and worry about attracting dog hair. Haha. 

I have been using the essence for roughly a month now and I am just about half way through the 30mL bottle. My thoughts on the serum is that it's pretty decent. It is great that it's unscented and it sinks in so readily. I think it provided some hydration to the skin and helps the rest of my steps sink in much better.. I don't know for sure if it does improve my skin barrier. But definitely hydrates the skin well and I like including it in my routine. 

I am kind of curious to see how the whole Cacao line will work together. Maybe I will try that one day as I already have the toner and serum open, so may as well open the cream and use it all together. Will update if I do decide to go ahead with that idea. 

Anyways, this is a good serum to pick up if you are looking for a light hydrating serum, especially at the price that StyleKorean is currently selling it at. 

Thanks again to Benton and Skinvestment to allow me to try this Cacao Moist and Mild Serum and allow me to complete my Cacao trifecta. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment