Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2018

[JOLSE] NAKEUP FACE PHA Water Tox Ampoule 33ml

Have you ever watched your package travel across the country and wondering what the heck happened?! I have.. My Nakeup Face PHA Water Tox Ampoule from Jolse did exactly that. It cleared through Vancouver customs only to travel across the country to Montreal and spend a few days there before coming back to AB.. I guess my ampoule just really wanted to travel the country before it gets on my face!



Anyways, due to the delay, I only had this product for about a week to test. So this is a first impression rather than a full review. But as is with all my other reviews, all opinions expressed are mine
 I was really into Nakeup Face's gold cushion and lipstick as they were glittery, and being the magpie that I am, I am attracted to shiny things. Then this ampoule popped up and it's pink! I don't like pink but I am a sucker for baby pink products.. I just had to get it..XD And thankfully I got chosen to review it!
So the ampoule comes in a pink glass bottle inside a funky shaped box. It is all in Korean so I have no idea what it is supposed to do. I relied on Jolse's website for that. (Thank you so much for that!)

The listing tells me that this contains
- PHA (6%) for mild peeling
- BHA for reducing blackheads and white heads
- Adenosine for improving the look of fine wrinkles
- Volufiline to plump up the skin

Other than that, I have no idea what is the rest of the ingredients list. Based on my usage of the Tiam toner that contains PHA, AHA and BHA, it is definitely an exfoliating combination. I would just be careful with this and patch test even though it's hypoallergenic and okay for sensitive skin to use!
So I read some reviews of this product before I received it, and it was a bit concerning. Everyone was complaining about how sticky it was. I was concerned but I thought people were crazy because it absorbed fine when I patch tested it on the back of my hand.
My friends, I was wrong.. SOOO wrong.. When I put it on my face.. THE DAMN THING WOULD NOT SINK IN! It's SOO sticky! Heck, one of the promotional photos the brand released shows how sticky the ampoule is. It's SO sticky. It would not sink in properly. The brand LIED when they said it is fast absorbing!
The only way I could make it work is to add a pump of the ampoule to about 4 pumps of an emulsion. This seems to help the ampoule absorb into my skin. But because I mixed it with a product, I wonder how that will affect the PHA and BHA.

Oh, the smell is terrible. It's this plasticky chemical scent. I am so glad the emulsion drowns it out.

I think that will be the only way I can use this product. To drown out the unpleasant scent and to reduce the stickiness.

Though this product didn't work for me. I would like to thank Jolse for allowing me to try it!

Edit (Apr 2020): I got a tip to use this ampoule as an addition to a toner and serum in order to reduce the stickiness. I tried it and I have to say that's a much better method of using this ampoule. It definitely reduced the stickiness and covers the scent. It helps make my skin feel plump and happy. I would definitely recommend adding a pump of the ampoule of the toner or essence you are using, instead of by itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment