Pages

Monday 11 September 2017

[JOLSE] nada SODA THE PORE CARE PACK

I received another product from Jolse! I am surprised I won again! This time it is the Nada Soda The Pore Care Pack, which is a clay mask. I was excited to receive it as I thought it was a bubbling mask.
Look at how cute the packaging is! Cute packaging always get to me and it was one of the reasons why I applied for this product! That aside, I wasn't paying too much attention when I applied for it so I was surprised to see how tiny the product was. Then I read the description, and realized I screwed up. Hahaha Oops. 😅😆 It's only 50g so of course it's going to be small. Hahaha.

Even though Jolse sent this to me for free to review, all opinions in this post are my honest opinion and by no ways was influenced by the company.

Unfortunately, the ingredients list is all in Korean so I have no idea what is in it. 😅
The mask itself looks quite fluffy! Not like the standard clay packs which tend to be in a tube and a bit more on the cream side. Whereas this is like a whipped cream. It also includes a plastic spoon to easily scoop out the clay mask.
The good thing about this is that it expires in 2019, meaning this is a fresh product!!!

Onto the product testing. I must say, this whipped cream texture make it so easy to spread!! I just use the back of the provided spoon and it spreads like a dream.
Now, I mentioned I thought this a bubbling mask. I had a little brain fart moment with this. I first had a test patch on the back of my hand. For some reason it didn't bubble so I thought. Oh I must have remembered wrong. So when I put it on my face and it started to bubble.. OMG WHAT THE HECK!! 😆😆

The mask smells like those Naive face washes and feels cool against my skin. It forms a bubble but it's quite big bubbles. If you wan to see them.. Get ready to become close and personal with my face!!!!

Ready???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Here are the pictures!
This is when I first applied the mask and it started to slowly bubble up. As you can see, I have applied quite a thick layer of mask. Which is wrong by the way. I learned later on and will explain down below.
Can you see them bubbles? It kind of forms a layer of bubble on top of the mask itself. So it's almost like I have a thin layer of spider webs on top of the clay mask. And when the bubbles are popping, those particles you see that's laying on top of the bubbles? They pop off, so it ends up sending dried clay particles into the air. It kind of makes for a semi dirty experience.
 You ca see what I am talking about a little bit more clearly here. See the separation of the layers?
Here too. It made me wonder if I am maybe not applying it correctly and that's why it's separating into two layers. So I went on Jolse's product page and it showed that the users all used a thin layer of the clay mask. Which made sense since it's only 50g of product, if I continued to use the amount of product I was using, this little tub would be done within 5 uses.

So I decided to try it again but use a much thinner layer. Because this is a whipped mousse texture, the mask is easily spreadable and it was quit easy to spread a thin layer on my face.
This is with a thin layer. The same separate layers, bubbles and mask, occurred. And because it is a thinner layer, the bubbling started way quicker. So yes, I had a brain far the first time around and used WAY too much product. One big scoop with the spoon is more than enough for the face.
Here I intentionally took a swipe so you can see the difference between the bubbling layer and the clay layer underneath. It had the same issue as the thick layer, where when the bubbles explode, the clay parts on the bubble burst into the air and kind of make it a little dirty.
Here is what the swipe looks like once it is dried.

I do feel like it declogged my pores a little bit and it is a fun experience. But I wouldn't repurchase this as I am not a big fan of the clay particles bursting into the air as the bubbles explode. It was a fun experience though and I am thankful for being able to try this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment