Pages

Sunday 24 September 2017

Lovemore - Wine Yeast Whitening Mask Sheet

It's another installment of the Lovemore masks. This time it's the Wine Yeast Whitening Mask Sheet.. This is the From Taiwan series. Geez, for someone who's not into brightening, I sure have A LOT of whitening masks from Lovemore. Thankfully, this one doesn't have methylparaben in the ingredients list. *phew*

The mask has deep ocean water, which is what I smelt when I opened the mask, along with other plant extracts to deliver nutrition to the skin. It is supposed to brighten your skin and leave it feeling finer.



Like the other Lovemore masks, it is a thin silk mask packed between two backings and comes dripping a little bit. I quite like the scent, which is like saline water. The fit is good as always, with just a little extra on the forehead.
The instructions said to have it on for 10 to 15 minutes, but I had it on for 20 minutes. Which I reckon was too long as my face felt tight after removal of the mask.

The extra essence sunk in quickly, leaving my skin feeling cool and not sticky at all. The mask made my skin feel softer, which is what I assume the "finer" is supposed to be. As for brightening. Well.. I still can't notice anything at all.

I think I may consider repurchasing this if it is on sale. I liked how my skin felt softer afterwards and the saline scent to it.

Edit : I have come to the conclusion that I have been too harsh on the Taiwanese masks. They are formulated for use within Taiwan, which is a very humid environment. So, even though it is hydrating, it may include ingredients that is best for dehydrated skin in a humid environment. So when I am using it in my super dry environment and on my dehydrated skin, it is just destined to not work well. Should I use the mask in my bathroom during or after a hot bath, the environment will be quite humid and will produce a much better effect.

Therefore, I have to change my opinion on the Lovemore masks. They are quite good, but unfortunately, they are not designed for my environment, which has very dry air. It is best designed for those living in humid environments or those who doesn't have dehydrated skin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment