Pages

Thursday 21 September 2017

Lovemore - Rhodiola Antioxidant & Brightening Mask Sheet

Following my previous post, the mask today is also from Lovemore's Oriental series. It's the Rhodiola Antioxidant & Brightening Mask Sheet. It's supposed to revitalize the skin with Cubilose and Kampo ingredients. 

Notable ingredients include: plant extracts like elderberry, morus alba root and wild yam, soluble collagen, hyaluronic acid oligomer. However I'm not too happy to see methylparaben in there. As it may react with UVB and increase the aging process. 
**Edit** This mask has methylparaben, which could react with UVB and enhance the aging process. So I wouldn't recommend the usage of the mask. However, I should disclose that I have purchased this a while back, so they may have changed the ingredients list. So you have been warned if you are going to give this mask a try
Similar to the Black Pearl mask. The mask is that of a silk mask that comes quite wet and have a pretty good fit. My issue with this mask is the scent. It's a soapy floral scent and it reminds me of my childhood but not in a good way.😅 Don't get me wrong. It's not a bad smell. It's just the memory my brain has associated with that smell is causing me to not like it.
I wore it for about 25 minutes, at which point the upper lip area was thoroughly dried out. A sign that I left it on for way too long.  The extra essence sunk in quickly but my skin felt tight. Further sign that I left it on for too long.😑 As for brightening.. I saw none. Even with my before and after photos.  

I honestly didn't have much high hopes for this mask. And it still managed to not meet it. 😅 I definitely will not buy it after seeing methylparaben on the ingredients list. BUT even if I didn't. I wouldn't either just because it didn't do much and the scent bringing bad feelings is just not something I am looking for from a mask..

Edit : I have come to the conclusion that I have been too harsh on the Taiwanese masks. They are formulated for use within Taiwan, which is a very humid environment. So, even though it is hydrating, it may include ingredients that is best for dehydrated skin in a humid environment. So when I am using it in my super dry environment and on my dehydrated skin, it is just destined to not work well. Should I use the mask in my bathroom during or after a hot bath, the environment will be quite humid and will produce a much better effect.

Therefore, I have to change my opinion on the Lovemore masks. They are quite good, but unfortunately, they are not designed for my environment, which has very dry air. It is best designed for those living in humid environments or those who doesn't have dehydrated skin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment