Pages

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Masks #16 - More masks I tried

I am still working on how I want to do my mask reviews. I tend to post it on Instagram but I would like to keep up content on the blog too. Would it better to post the reviews as I am posting it on IG or should I do a collection like I am doing now? Let me know in the comments, please and thank you!

 Beautymate - Prunus Yedoensis Moisturizing and Soft Skin Mask 
The first mask to be reviewed is the Beautymate Prunus Yedoensis Moisturizing and Soft Skin mask, which I ordered from BGO as a bundle pack that came also came with a cute headband.

This is my favourite from the three different Beautymate masks I have tried.

The mask is made from a fibrous material that is designed to trap the essence and help your skin drink it up while allowing it to breathe at the same time. The mask is drenched in a clear essence that is slightly thicker than serum but is not thick enough to be called a gel. It has a faint woodsy smell to it, which reminds me of this sakura wood charm I own.

I had it on for about 15 minutes as per the instructions and at this point, the mask was starting to feel like it is drying out. I left the extra essence to sink in instead of wiping it off because I am a rebel like that. 😎 It sunk in quickly, within a few minutes, and my skin already looked plump. I love this mask as it made my skin feel soft and plump.

I would definitely repurchase this mask if I can figure out how to reorder it since I don't want to place a gigantic order through BGO.

Banila Co -  Miss Flower & Mr.Honey Moisturizing & Nourishing Mask Sheet
I love the Miss Flower & Mr. Honey cream so I was looking forward to using this mask. It is a gold hydrogel mask that is drenched in a clear serum like essence that smells like roses. It's quite lovely scent actually, more like rosewater. However, I didn't like the material for the mask as it is quite thin and flimsy so I wasn't able to make it sit properly on my face. I ended up with lots of bunched up spots or tenting on my face. Not what I look for in a mask.
I lost track of time and had the mask on for 45 minutes, but it was only 5 minutes more than the recommended time so it's okay. The mask was still moist but starting to dry at the upper lip area, which is usually the first place to dry up. The extra essence sunk in quickly and was not sticky.

I think the mask is more a cooler weather kind of mask as it was more than enough to make up for the rest of my routine. However, I probably won't repurchase the mask as I am not a fan of mask that won't sit properly on my face that cost me around US$4 when I can get a super fitting mask like Leaders coconut get masks for around C$2 each.

My Scheming - Skin Clarifying Astringent Mask
 I got this in a variety pack from My Scheming a while back and finally decided to give it a try after my skin got clogged up from the excess sweating thanks to heatwaves.

This is a thin silk mask that is drenched, and I do mean drenched, in a light saline solution scented essence. I absolutely loved the fit of the mask as it looks like I have nothing on my face.

I had the mask on for 25 minutes, at which point it was only starting to dry out. This was surprising to me as this is such a thin mask! The essence sunk in quickly and was only ever slightly tacky to the touch. It made my skin feel tight and was not moisturizing. But it did calm down my skin as I woke up the next morning and all the bumps I felt has gone down. I would repurchase this mask if it gets on sale and I happen to see it.

Leaders Insolution - Aquaringer Skin Clinic Mask 
The Leaders mask is always one of my favourites. They tend to work well for me so I am always looking to stock up on them.

This is a thin mask sheet that is almost as thin as the My Scheming silk masks as it also looks invisible on me. The mask is drenched in gel like essence and has what I call the typical leaders scent. if you tried a Leaders mask before, you will know what that smell is.
I had this on for about 20 minutes and the upper lip area was starting to dry up. I forgot how sticky the essence is and had to use my essences to cover it up as it wouldn't go away with time. It did make my skin very well moisturized and it made applying makeup so much easier in the morning!

I am definitely going to repurchase this once I cut down my mask count.

The Qure Mask Pack - Red Ginseng Collagen Essence Mask 
I received this mask from a variety pack I ordered from Mask Genie (no longer in business) and I put off using it since I am not a fan of the ginseng scent. But I thought my skin needed a pick me up so I decided to use it.

Like I thought, this mask has a strong ginseng scent to it. But luckily, it fades a little once it is on my face. The mask itself is on the thick side that is embossed with a double helix pattern. The mask wasn't drenched in essence. In fact, there wasn't much essence in the package at all. So I was surprised it actually lasted 25 minutes.
The extra essence sunk in quickly and left my skin a little sticky. I am happy the ginseng scent goes away with the mask. It made my skin look noticeably brighter, which is surprising as I always have trouble identifying changes in skin complexion. So for me to notice it, it is a drastic difference.

I wouldn't repurchase this as I am not sure where to find it and I am still not a fan of the ginseng scent.

Esfolio - Snail Essence Mask Sheet
I didn't like the Esfolio mask, I will tell you this right now. It smelled funky, kind of "tangy" like it's drenched in alcohol. But there are no alcohol in the ingredients list. The mask looks dry and there was no extra essence. As per my Google search, the mask should be drenched in essence. So that's not a good indicator.

I tried to put the mask on my face but that strong scent was too overwhelming and I had to throw it away. I am chalking this up to maybe the mask being close to expiration.

The Saem - Natural-Tox Banana Mask Sheet 
I can't resist buying any of the banana flavoured masks so I was looking forward to using this mask from The Saem.

It is a textured cotton sheet that is drenched in a serum like essence that smells like banana pudding or one of those Korean banana milks. I do want to offer a word of caution that you should be careful when adjusting the mask as it tore easily when I tried to test how easy to pull it part.

I had it on for 20 minutes and the mask stayed moist for the entire time, which was surprising since it started off being moist. I really thought it would have dried out by the 15 minutes mark at the latest.

The extra essence sunk in quickly but was ever so slightly tacky. But it made my skin feel plump and happy which I was excited to see. Especially when the mask is supposed to nourish the skin, which it has done!

I would repurchase it if The Saem is still producing this mask.

FarmStay - Visible Difference Mask Sheet Pack in Greentea Seed 
I got this from MaskGenie and decided to give it a go. It is a normal sheet mask that is covered in serum like essence. It does contain alcohol, and I can clearly smell that distinct tangy scent. So my hopes were not high for a mask that has alcohol as the 4th ingredients.

I had it on for 20 minutes as it was starting to feel dry to the touch. There was plenty of essence left on the skin and it sunk in quickly and does not feel sticky at all. It actually made my skin feel super soft and the pores appear to be smaller. I was surprised by the result given how high alcohol is on the ingredients list.

I will not repurchase this, despite the great results, as it was pointed out to me that it has methyparaben which may react with UVB rays and increase the aging process. So yah.. I don't want to age faster than necessary so this isn't going to be repurchased.

Etude House - Petite Face Mask in Vita Hydrating Shot 
I bought this as it is one of those two step masks that you mix right before usage. I haven't tried one of those masks before so I thought I give a shot. It is a two step mask, where step 1 has the ampoule and powder that needs to be mixed and then insert into the step 2 sheet mask.
I would have loved for this to work, but the step 1 failed on me miserably. It popped from the side seam instead of forward into the powder. So I had to insert the remaining ampoule into the sheet mask while the powder remained in its lonely container.
The mask itself was pliable and hugged my skin and I am thankful it was already soaked with some essence. Otherwise it wouldn't even sit on my face. The mask had weird slits, where it made me kind of look like Miss Swan. I mean seriously, head on over my IG and see for yourself!

I had it on for 35 minutes and it was still very moist. The extra essence sunk in very slowly and it made my skin feel a bit tacky for a while. My skin did end up feeling more moisturized but I really wish I could have seen what the full effect of the mask would be.

I obviously would not repurchase as this failed on me miserably and I am not willing to spend another $4+ to try it again.

Etude House - I Need You, Silk Cocoon Mask 

This mask series has been discontinued but I thought I give it a try anyways. It is a regular sheet mask that is soaked in a milk essence that has a light non-discernible scent.

 I had it on for 25 minutes and the mask was only starting to lose contact with the skin. The extra essence sunk in quickly and not sticky. My skin feel softer afterwards but it felt like I had a layer of "oil" on top of my skin. It kind of creates a barrier for the skin, which is kind of what it advertised to do. But I am not too happy with this barrier as it prevented the rest of my routine from sinking in. It made my skin feel soft and dewy but I don't like the fact that it feels like all my products are sitting on top of the skin instead of sinking in.

For that reason, and the fact that it has been discontinued, I will not be repurchasing this mask.,






0 comments:

Post a Comment