Pages

Monday 16 April 2018

[LOVEMORE] - Herbal Saussurea Involucraga Revival Mask Sheet

Another day, another Lovemore mask to review. I am actually surprised at how much Lovemore masks I still had on hand. I really thought I had used most of it, but nope. I still got tons. 

Today's mask is the Herbal Saussurea Involucrata Revival Mask sheet. That's a mouthful eh? I am not sure what that plant is but it sounds like it's very Traditional Chinese Medicine. 


It is said to revitalize the skin as it is made with the Tianshan snow lotus. Which contains a lot of goodies to help repair damages, quickly restore skin brightness and restore balance to the skin. It is said to be for all skin types, and dry or dehydrated skins is recommended to use it more often. Hey, that's me! Dehydrated skin! Let's see if it will do wonders for me!


As for ingredients list. It looks nice, as it contains white tea, peony, pearl and gingko extracts. It also has Hyaluronic Acid, which is something I am always gravitating toward. But it also has methylparaben, which is a controversial product. It is said that it would quicken the aging process but there are posts out there that will tell you that it is safe as long as it is in moderate levels. So I will link this post for you, where it helped me feel better about parabens in my masks and convinced me to continue using them. 

This is typical Lovemore mask, so it has no discernible scent. I can't even smell that typical sea water/saline solution scent, which I am assuming is due to the fact that there are no sea water in the ingredients. 

The thin silk mask is soaked in 30ml of clear essence, but thankfully it didn't come out dripping everywhere. My floor thanks the mask for that. I was still surprised to see that there was barely any was left in the package. Which means that the thin silk mask soaked up most of the essence, that is very impressive!

As with all the Lovemore masks, the fit is quite good for me. I had minimal adjustments required. And the only annoying part is the lips where I found the hole to be on the small side. 

It is recommended that this is worn between 15 to 20 minutes, and I had it on for 20 minutes. I tried to leave it on for longer, but the upper lip area was getting really dry and I don't want it to suck moisture from my skin. 

The extra essence sunk in quickly but it left my forehead and cheeks feeling tight. Usually I associate that with the fact that my skin is still in desperation for hydration. So the mask kind of did the opposite of what it is supposed to do. Which leaves me very unimpressed. 

I liked using this mask, along with the rest of the Lovemore silk masks. But I feel like with the paraben being high on the ingredients list, and the tightness felt after removal of the mask. This will not be a repurchase for me. 

My skin type is combination and dehydrated.

Edit : I have come to the conclusion that I have been too harsh on the Taiwanese masks. They are formulated for use within Taiwan, which is a very humid environment. So, even though it is hydrating, it may include ingredients that is best for dehydrated skin in a humid environment. So when I am using it in my super dry environment and on my dehydrated skin, it is just destined to not work well. Should I use the mask in my bathroom during or after a hot bath, the environment will be quite humid and will produce a much better effect.

Therefore, I have to change my opinion on the Lovemore masks. They are quite good, but unfortunately, they are not designed for my environment, which has very dry air. It is best designed for those living in humid environments or those who doesn't have dehydrated skin. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment