Pages

Sunday 15 April 2018

[LOVEMORE] - Red Pearl Barley Whitening Mask Sheet

Today's mask is the Lovemore Red Pearl Barley Whitening Mask Sheet.

I like red barley, it taste good and I grew up eating it in my soups. But whitening.. I am sorry, But I am TERRIBLE in telling a difference. So I am already expecting to not like this mask. Though I will try my best to keep an open mind.



The star ingredient, red barley, contains a lot of vitamins, proteins and minerals. So it is very good for your body, especially through ingestion. It will brighten and even out the skin tone, and give it a natural glow.

CosDNA

The ingredients list looks good, in that it has hydrolzed pearl, jobs tears seed extract, calendula extract, collagen, hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, sea water and Sodium Hyluronate. It looks like it will be very hydrating. (Yes I know this is a brightening mask, but there are so much hydrating ingredients!)

The thin silk mask comes soaked in 30ml of clear essence, which smells like barley for a change!  I was expecting sea water, as most masks with sea water in the ingredients list will smell like it. But no, this smells like barley! OMG! I really like it! When it was on my mask, this nice toasted rice/barley scent kept wafting in, and I was starting to get hungry. 😂

The mask has a good fit as usual, and of course, the small lip opening. It was a bit small, that some of the mask is on my upper lip while my entire lower lip was uncovered.
I am recycling this image as it is literally the same with all of the Lovemore masks. 

The recommended time for this mask is 10 to 15 minutes, and I took it off right at 15 minutes. This is due to the usual reason, where the upper lip area started to feel dry. I always use that as an indicator as it is the thinnest part and quickest to dry. When that is starting to dry out, that means the rest of the mask will dry out soon. The mask was still moist and I didn't want to waste that toasted barley goodness, so I stuck it on my neck for a bit.

The extra essence on my face sunk in quite quickly. My skin was not tacky and felt cool to the touch. As expected, I didn't see any brightening effect. But it definitely felt much happier and just a tad shiny.

Overall, I think this is high on my list of favourite Lovemore masks. I will definitely repurchase it if I can get a good deal on it!

My skin type is combination and dehydrated.

Edit:  

The mask is currently available from Glowieco, a US based company that offers a variety of Taiwanese beauty products. Link to the mask is here. I found the price for a box of 5 is quite reasonable at $11.50 a box!  

They graciously provided me with a discount code for you to use! The code is CRAFTINGDEEDS and it will take 10% off!


Full disclosure, I get absolutely nothing from this code so use it to your hearts content!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment